Responsible for: Front of the house and back of the house coordinator
Job Summary: Responsible for all kitchen functions including ordering, preparation andmaintenance of quality standards, sanitation and cleanliness, training ofemployees in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion, costcontrol, and sanitation and cleanliness.
Our Mission: We will provide the highest qualityof fun, food, attractions and service to all our guests and that is determinedby having quality people in place like yourself and fellow team members. Webelieve that the small details will have a BIG impact!
Activities and Responsibilities:
· Promote, work, and act in a manner consistentwith the mission of Expedition Café.
· Ensure the prompt and efficient service iscarried out in the Café
· Look after all the basic requirements of the Cafélike cleanliness, security, safety, and maintenance.
· Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that teammembers follow standards and regulations.
· Responsiblefor maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, mats, walls,hoods, equipment and food storage areas.
· Ensurethat all food and products are consistently prepared and served according tothe Café recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
· Ensure that the restaurant is clean and stockedwith the stipulated requirements
· Check the quality of raw or cooked food productsto ensure that standards are met.
· Check inventory and communicate with vendors forweekly orders for supplies and/or food. Manage waste of food and supplies,through digital and manual checks.
· Instruct kitchen members in the preparation,cooking, garnishing, or presentation of food.
· Check andmaintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
· Overseethe continuous training of kitchen team members on kitchen equipment, utensils,cleanliness, sanitation practices, first-aid, CPR, proper lifting and carryingtechniques, and handling hazardous materials.
· Ensurethat all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working conditionthrough personal inspection and by following the Café preventative maintenanceprograms.
· Provideorientation of company and department policies and procedures to new kitchenteam members.
· Overseeand ensure that Café policies on team member performance are followed andcompleted in a timely manner.
· Supervise and coordinate activities of kitchenteam members engaged in food preparation, cooking, garnishing, service andpresentation.
· AssistF&B Director with hiring and termination decisions including recruiting,interviewing, hiring, evaluating, and disciplining kitchen personnel asappropriate.
· Effectivelycommunicate with vendors and team members.
· Identify guests needs and respond proactivelyto questions and concerns.
· Investigate and resolve complaints regardingfood quality, service, or accommodations.
· Train kitchen team members on acceptablepresentation.
· Prepareall required paperwork, including forms and reports in an organized and timelymanner.
· Attend meetings as required.
Must be comfortable working indoorsand outdoors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee isregularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle, reach with hands andarms climb or balance stoop, kneel, crouch, and talk or listen. The employeemust regularly liftand/or move up to 30 pounds.
Atleast I year experience in a similar capacity. Ableto communicate effectively with F & B Director, kitchen personnel, andguests. Able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds. Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time(up to 9 hours)
o Cash Registers
o Point of sale terminals and work stations
o Calendar and scheduling software
o Checklist software
o Electronic mail software (Microsoft Outlook)
o Office suite software (Microsoft Office)
o Spreadsheet software (Microsoft Excel)
o General knowledge in QuickBooks
Job Type: Part-time