Fairfax, Richmond or Virginia Beach, VA
Ranked 73rd on ENR’s 2018 listing of the Top 500 Design Firms, RK&K is a design and construction management firm specializing in transportation, environmental and energy projects. Our success is based on our ability to deliver what our clients want using sound, technical solutions to achieve the best possible outcome on a project. Expressed in our ability to treat every one of our 1,300 employees as a professional, RK&K has received extensive recognition for its exceptional and unique workplace culture.
RK&K firmly promotes integrity, learning and growth and we are committed to both the work that we do and our engaged, passionate workforce that gets it done.
We are seeking a Construction Scheduler to work in our Project Controls group on various projects across multiple government agencies. In this role you will work with an internal team of professionals and coordinate with client project managers, contractors, and project stakeholders to develop, manage, and analyze Critical Path Method (CPM) schedules throughout the project lifecycle. The Construction Scheduler provides expertise in project controls, scheduling, scheduling analysis, earned value management, and construction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, maintain, and analyze CPM schedules.
- Track the status of critical activities and changes to the critical path impacting the project.
- Monitor program milestones and interdependencies.
- Analyze project planning and schedule updates.
- Analyze delays using industry accepted methodologies.
- Provide “advanced warnings” on items impacting the project schedule.
- Identify the critical path and suggest alternatives to regain slippage to the schedule.
- Participate in meetings with project teams, clients, owners, and other stakeholders.
Required Education, Skills & Experience
- BA/BS degree in Construction, Engineering, Architecture, or related technical field and three years of experience OR a minimum six years of equivalent experience.
- Proficient with Oracle Primavera P6.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Project, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Must have the ability to interpret contract specifications and drawings.
- Knowledge of contract procedures and principles.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to understand construction logic and sequencing of complex highway and transportation projects.
Preferred Education, Skills & Experience
- Prior construction experience a plus.
- PE and professional certification in AACE, CMAA, or PMI a plus.
We proudly offer an attractive salary package commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, tuition reimbursement, company health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance as well as 401(k) with company matching.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals are encouraged to apply.