Meet our professionals
An employer of choice
CGI is looking for a Jr. Informatica Developer w/ Teradata for Healthcare Client.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- As a Jr. Informatica/Teradata Developer , this team member will have a software development background that will facilitate design and development of technical solutions for new and existing Business Intelligence applications. Interacts with Lead Developers, System Analysts, Business Users, Architects, Test Analysts, Project Managers and peer developers to analyze system requirements, design and develop software applications. Technical solutions and supporting deliverables will be constructed to enable IT clients to accomplish their business objectives. This position is on a team that is responsible for providing technical Data Management and Business Intelligence solutions.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Develop routines leveraging Teradata utilities and custom SQL
- Develop Informatica workflows to collect data from multiple data sources based on mapping specifications provided to the developer.
- Develop solutions outside of Informatica that allows for data to be collected (Linux scripts, Ruby, REST API, etc.)
- Conduct unit testing and participate with system testing as required. Knowledge with Test Driven Development is strongly preferred.
- Fill out required documentation such as installation instructions and follow company standards and procedures.
- Anticipate customers' analytic needs and proactively conceptualize and champion high-value Business Intelligence solutions.
- Actively support products by providing prompt responses to customer problems and inquiries. Make the customer's experience first priority in all.
- Keep the Production Support team management informed of any issues or concerns.
- Participate/Assist with deployments to all environments including Production (which could occur after hours).
- New development and support task responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong Analytical and Problem solving skills
- Prefer candidates with some ETL development background
- Proficient in writing SQL – Simple/Medium/Complex SQL's
- Ability to write Unix Shell scripts integrating SQL, Perl or Python as needed to solve the problem
- Experience working in fast paced environment is preferred
- Must be technical and hands on capable
- Strong attention to detail
Skill Set Years of Experience
Database/SQL 1+ or college degree in CIS domain
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.