Full Job Description
Professional Home Health is Louisiana's oldest home health agency. We are also the fastest growing agencies in the area!! We are seeking CERTIFIED ICD-10 RN CODERS to join our team. Home health and Hospice coding experience REQUIRED for consideration.
This position does have the potential to be mostly remote with on site availability as necessary.
Ideal candidate must:
- Highly organized individuals who display a strong attention to detail.
- Analytical thinkers with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Team players who are passionate about their work and will actively contribute to a positive, collaborative environment Home health/hospice experience.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) credentialed from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). or
- Certified Home Care Coding Specialist (HCS-D)(ICD-10).
- Must have a positive attitude, cooperate and deal well with others
- Accurately codes all diagnoses and procedures on all home health assessments.
- Analyzes and interprets documentation from medical records and completes accurate coding of diagnosis.
- Communicate with providers for missing documentation or questions regarding documentation and offers guidance and education when needed.
- Reviews diagnostic and procedure codes and charges in the applicable documentation system to generate appropriate coding.
- Works collaboratively with revenue cycle departments to ensure coding and edits are processed timely and accurately.
- Reviews and edits charges.
- Provide guidance and assistance to RNs on OASIS accuracy and utilization of resources need to meet patient outcomes of care according to State and Federal regulations and guidelines.
- Proficient in home health/hospice coding and possess a sound knowledge of medical coding rules, regulations, and compliance utilizing ICD 10-CM
- Ideal candidates will also possess strong knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology as well as working knowledge of insurance processes and reconciliation regarding the denial process.
- Advanced understanding of medical terminology and body systems/anatomy, physiology and concepts of disease.
- Ability to manage significant work load meeting established deadlines with minimal supervision.
Job Type: Full-time
- Home Health: 1 year (Required)
- ICD-10: 1 year (Required)
- HSC-D (Preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible schedule
Relocation Assistance Provided:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply