Position title: Marketing and Communications Manager
Type of Employment: Full Time
Location: 805 15th Street NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20005
The Marketing and Communications Manager contributes to the PAN team by advancing PAN’s mission and programs by supporting a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations strategy. The position reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Work with marketing and communications team to execute a marketing, communications and public relations strategy that supports multiple audiences, including donors, providers, alliances and patients, and conveys PAN’s mission, program and strategic initiatives.
- Write internal and external communications, including articles for quarterly newsletters, content for website, press releases, letters to the editor and opinion pieces.
- Help manage the development and promotion of the organization’s internal and external communication vehicles, including website, newsletters, blog, social media and annual reports.
- Help execute comprehensive marketing strategy to position PAN as the leader among patient assistance organizations and illustrate the critical work we do.
- Work with communications team and departmental leads to develop fresh and innovative marketing collateral for events, web and social media use.
- Work with communications team on branding initiatives and ensuring consistency of message, look, and feel of all communications products.
- Work with Digital Media Manager to create and update web content and manage vendor to address technical issues.
- Cultivate relationships with media and help manage and address press inquiries.
- Produce content and key messages for respective departments’ communication platforms.
- Help manage relationships with vendors supporting communications initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with and in support of the communications team and PAN staff.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Journalism or other relevant field is required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Three to five years of communications experience within or in support of a nonprofit institution in the healthcare industry.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills and proven success working under tight deadlines. Ability to grasp new ideas quickly, and independently produce a range of tailored communications.
- Understanding of marketing principles and ability to think creatively to identify positive, high-visibility marketing opportunities ranging from events and speaking opportunities, to targeted collateral materials and media placements.
- Experience working with media. Established relationships with healthcare and health trade publication journalists a plus.
- Understanding of reimbursement and access issues with federally insured patients (e.g., Medicare).
- Back-end website experience and strong understanding of and comfort working with social media platforms.
- Ability to work in a small-team setting.
- Passion for helping to improve the health of underinsured patients by providing access to treatments they might not otherwise be able to afford.
Applicant should submit their cover letter, resume and list of references to by July 6, 2018.
Job Type: Full-time
- Marketing: 3 years
- communications: 3 years
Required work authorization: