The AV rated (5/5 star Avvo) law firm, Ansbacher Law, is seeking a full-time litigation assistant for its Fleming Island office near Doctors Inlet. Ansbacher Law is a fast-paced, energetic and friendly environment that offers room for professional and financial growth to its employees. Ansbacher Law is a top-rated law firm that practices in the areas of real estate, construction law, business law, civil litigation, community association representation and personal injury. This position will provide support for our construction litigation team and other general litigation matters. Firm hours are 8:30-5:00 PM.
Required Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 2 years of paralegal experience;
- A minimum of 1-year litigation experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to appropriately prioritize multiple tasks to ensure deadlines are met;
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word and Outlook;
- Knowledge of state and local court rules and procedure;
- Receives delegation well;
- Able to work independently and stay on task in a fast-paced environment;
- Works well with others; contributes to a positive, collegial work environment;
- Professional in appearance and demeanor; and
- Good attendance record - punctual and reliable.
Job duties include:
- Work closely with attorneys and team members to oversee case management from inception through trial/settlement and post-trial/post-settlement;
- Draft, review, and revise legal documents;
- Maintain case files and update discovery logs and indices;
- Organize and maintain master documents, document lists, and document databases;
- Support and manage document productions;
- Assist with deposition and hearing preparation, including identifying and gathering exhibit documents and creating witness outlines;
- Draft and arrange for service of subpoenas; and
- Assist with document review and coordinate with Litigation Support Group for back-end database management using Casemap;Perform litigation support duties such as Bates stamping exhibits, preparing spreadsheets and CDs, hyperlinking PDFs, reviewing litigation dockets, and ensuring that dates are calendared correctly.
Consideration will be given only if you meet the above requirements and send a personalized cover letter, resume and two relevant business references stating their relationship to you.
Salary & Benefits
Top Salaries Based on Experience + Annual Performance Bonus + 3 Weeks of Paid Time Off + Health Insurance + Employer Matched 401K Retirement Plan + Professional Training + Profit Sharing.
Please Note: All candidates will receive a background check and basic skills tests relevant to the position for which they are applying.
Ansbacher Law is a tobacco-free environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $41,000.00 /year
- Litigation: 3 years (Preferred)