- Operates telephone switchboard to answer, screen and forward calls, providing information, taking messages and scheduling appointments.
- Opens the building by unlocking the front door and turning on lights in lobby, hallways, and conference rooms. Closes the building at the end of the business day and activates the security system.
- Checks emails, faxes, printers, mail, Facebook and other social media sites, and responds as appropriate; places client mail and faxes in designated mail box or client file.
- Greets persons entering facility, determines nature and purpose of visit, and notifies desired person/client by phone that visitor is in the lobby; provides direction for visitors to buildings and/or conference rooms.
- Communicates with persons outside the organization including potential clients, the public, and government; provides verbal information about NIIC and WEOC and refers persons to company website; mails or emails collateral materials in response to inquiries.
- Listens to program and service issues from clients, vendors, and public; takes appropriate action to resolve a problem or notifies management for resolution.
- Performs regular visual inspection of the building interior by walking hallways. Checks lighting, operation of business equipment, vending machines, soda dispensers, and status of conference rooms and wellness studio. Submits work orders as appropriate.
- Inspects Healthy Start Café or kitchen for cleanliness including appliances, counters, and floors; checks operating condition of equipment.
- Coordinates scheduling of conference rooms by instructing clients, callers, and visitors regarding on-line booking procedures; reserves rooms for internal and external groups as needed.
- Provides clients and visitors with pricing for services; secures service contracts and forwards documents to accounting for billing.
- Coordinates conference room set-up and on-sight food preparation or catering for events; instructs clients and visitors concerning use of technology equipment.
- Notifies staff and clients via email, posters, and digital signs about policy and procedure changes, weather reports, building issues, holiday work schedules, upcoming events, speakers and seminars, etc.
- Ships and receives packages for staff and clients using UPS and FedEx; signs for deliveries and notifies appropriate person; receives, sorts, and meters mail.
- Performs administrative support tasks for NIIC and WEOC such as creating and maintaining records; making copies, binders, and booklets; maintaining staff schedules and arranging travel; preparing resident portfolios and client files.
- Provides instruction to clients and staff regarding operation of business center equipment; replaces paper and print cartridges as needed.
- Orders and maintains inventory of items--cleaning supplies, office supplies, paper goods, candy, snacks, soda, etc.
- Completes clerical duties such as updating email and phone lists; maintaining bulletin boards and magazine racks; decorating for holidays.
Customer and Personal Service -- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Clerical -- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as computer applications and word processing, managing files and records, designing spreadsheets and documents, and other office procedures and terminology.
Active Listening -- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions as appropriate.
Communicating with Supervisors, Co-workers, or External Organizations -- Providing information to, and gathering information from, supervisors, co-workers, and others by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work -- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.00 /hour
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- receptionist: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Hours per week:
- No weekends
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift