To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://jobs.miracosta.edu
Discipline or Department:
Associate (part-time) Faculty
Hourly Rate or Monthly Salary:
Please select Salary Schedules to the left on the navigation bar.
Instructors may be assigned to any campus or district facility. Assignments may include days, evenings, or weekends. The person selected for this position will be subject to assignment to any district facility during any hours of operation.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
We strongly advise you to read the FAQ and the information on "How to Apply" before starting the application process.
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit the following:
1. A completed application for academic employment
2. A cover letter discussing methods, theories, or technologies especially relevant to your teaching style and describing any qualifications not evident in your resume or curriculum vita.
3. A resume/CV summarizing your educational background and experience.
4. Transcripts of college coursework which provide evidence of meeting the minimum qualifications as stated above; legible unofficial transcripts are acceptable. The transcripts you are attaching to provide evidence that you meet the minimum qualifications must state the degree title, major, and date awarded. If your degree major EXACTLY matches the degree majors listed, you do not need to request equivalency. For example, the transcripts you are attaching state: "Degree: Master of Arts; Confer Date: 12/12/12; Major: Library Science". Minimum qualifications listed: Master's in Library Science. If your degree major DOES NOT EXACTLY match the degree majors listed, you must request equivalency. For example, the transcripts you are attaching state: "Degree: Master of Arts: Confer Date: 5/9/12; Major: Library Information Studies". This exact degree title is not listed, so does not directly meet minimum qualifications.
Transcripts from a college or university outside of the United States must be accompanied by a detailed evaluation from a formal evaluation agency.
Applicants wishing to claim equivalence to the minimum qualifications must also follow the instructions and guidelines at www.miracosta.edu/administrative/hr/downloads/Equivalency_008.pdf and submit appropriate equivalency documents. Applicants will not be contacted unless selected for interview. Offer of employment to the persons selected for these positions is contingent upon: 1) submission of a current TB test clearance, 2) proof of eligibility to work in the United States, 3) fingerprint clearance, and 4) submission of official transcripts indicating appropriate degree(s) awarded or submission of a valid appropriate California Community College teaching credential.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation with the application and/or interview process, please contact the Human Resources office at 760.795.6854.
Basic Function and Other Details:
The college is accepting applications to build a pool of instructors for possible future part-time assignments at all locations. The department chairperson or designee will review applications as vacancies become available.
The faculty member shall be responsible for the following:
teaching classes as assigned by the area dean; maintaining thorough and up-to-date knowledge in his/her discipline; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content and assessing student achievement.
Adherence to District policies and procedures is expected.
Type of Benefits:
1. The transcripts you are attaching to provide evidence that you meet the minimum qualifications below must state the degree title, major, and date awarded.
2. If your degree major EXACTLY matches the degree majors listed below, you do not need to request equivalency. For example, the transcripts you are attaching state: "Degree: Master of Arts; Confer Date: 12/12/12; Major: Library Science". Minimum qualifications listed below: Master's in Library Science.
3. If your degree major DOES NOT EXACTLY match the degree majors listed below, you must REQUEST EQUIVALENCY. For example, the transcripts you are attaching state: "Degree: Master of Arts: Confer Date: 5/9/14; Major: Library Science and Media". This exact degree title is not listed below, so does not directly meet minimum qualifications.
Master's degree in library science, or library and information science;
OR Master's degree in library and information studies (an approved comparable degree title at MiraCosta College);
OR a valid appropriate California Community College Credential in the discipline area
OR the equivalent.
AND have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Applicants wishing to claim equivalence to the minimum qualifications must also follow the instructions and guidelines at www.miracosta.edu/administrative/hr/downloads/Equivalency_008.pdf.
Degrees and applicable college coursework must be from an accredited institution (a postsecondary institution accredited by an accreditation agency recognized by either the U.S. Dept of Education or the Council on Postsecondary Accreditation).
If your degree/coursework is from a college or university anywhere outside of the United States, you must submit a detailed evaluation from a professional evaluation agency. A partial list of agencies can be found at http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf. Transcripts or translations in English still require the evaluation to show the U.S. equivalence of your degree.
Successful teaching experience at the community college level. Ability to engage and inspire students representing a wide variety of ages, demographic groups, and educational abilities. Demonstrated success in teaching students from historically underrepresented groups, under prepared or nontraditional students, speakers of other languages, and students with learning disabilities. Successful experience with different learning technologies. Strong academic preparation in area of instruction. Ability to communicate effectively both in oral and written discourse. Commitment to the community college objective of providing lower-division instruction for students of diverse abilities, interests, and cultural backgrounds.
Licenses and Other Requirements:
First Screening Date:
Human Resources Contact Information:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 760.795.6854
About MiraCosta College
The MiraCosta Community College District is one of California's 114 public community colleges. The district includes the communities of Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Cardiff, Olivenhain, Leucadia, Solana Beach, Rancho Santa Fe, Del Mar, Carmel Valley, and parts of Camp Pendleton.
MiraCosta offers undergraduate degrees, university-transfer courses, career-and-technical education, certificate programs, basic-skills education, and lifelong-learning opportunities, as well as a Bachelor of Science degree in Biomanufacturing.
The district operates two campus sites and two centers, and offers a robust online education program. The Oceanside Campus, serving approximately 10,500 students, is located on a panoramic 121-acre hilltop site with views of the ocean and mountains. The San Elijo Campus is located in Cardiff, 17 miles south of Oceanside, and attracts more than 3,000 students. The Community Learning Center in downtown Oceanside hosts about 2,500 students in the college's noncredit programs including English as a Second Language, the Adult High School Diploma Program, and other tuition-free, noncredit classes. The Technology Career Institute (TCI) in Carlsbad is part of the college’s Career Education Department. It offers our local community members the opportunity to enhance their lives and their careers with low-cost, hassle-free classes, workshops, and programs, as well as certificate programs to train skilled workers in industries such as high-tech manufacturing, maritime technology, and emerging technologies. The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) located at the TCI provides resources, workshops, and leadership programs for small businesses and serves all of North San Diego and Imperial Counties. The Veterans Business Outreach Center (VBOC), also located at the TCI, provides entrepreneurial development services such as business training, counseling, and mentoring, as well as referrals for eligible veterans and military spouses owning or considering starting a small business enterprise in Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego and Imperial Counties.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency