**CBS BUSINESS UNIT:
** CBS Television Network
** Full-Time Staff
** Studio City, CA
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 130 million people a week during the 2012/2013 season. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
- Assist two casting executives.
- Provide supporting coverage for all members of the casting department when needed.
- Assist with coverage on all CBS comedy series and comedy pilots.
- Handle administrative tasks such as heavy email correspondence, high volume phone calls, scheduling and maintaining calendars, organizing and submitting monthly expense reports, and arranging travel accommodations (flights, cars, event/hotel reservations).
- Act as the administrative liaison between Casting Directors, Partnering Studios, Executive Producers, Production, Comedy Development, Current & Alternative Programming, Diversity, Business Affairs, Publicity, and Agents/Managers.
- Maintain weekly reports, grids, and memos for all comedy series and comedy pilots.
- Create closing lists for all series regular roles on comedy pilots and current series.
- Help facilitate network tests and organize information packets on actors testing and those who have been cast.
- Edit and upload actor demos/reels/auditions on MAC and PC.
- Assist with the production and casting of CBS’ Annual Diversity Sketch Comedy Showcase.
- Coordinate the CBS Daytime Diversity Initiative, including calling for submissions, organizing auditions and setting up callbacks with our daytime soap operas.
- Log all auditions and bookings into a talent database and conduct annual diversity reports.
- Scout for comedic and diverse talent at local comedy clubs, theaters, and school showcases (i.e. UCB, Groundlings, The Improv).
- Provide additional support for EVP of Talent & Casting.
- 0-2 years of casting or related experience required (will consider strong internships).
- Administrative support experience is required.
- Interest in comedy is strongly preferred.
- Strong interest in Casting is preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; collaborative and a team player.
- Four year college degree preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled