SAIC has an opportunity for a Program Budget Analyst/Financial Manager supporting Headquarters Air Combat Command’s (HQ ACC) A5/8Z Advanced Programs Division. The successful applicant will provide financial analysis required to support the requirements of integrating Special Access Program (SAP) advanced concepts and technology into the Combat Air Forces (CAF).
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the contractor focal point for financial management support for SAPs in A5/8Z
- Develop budget requirements, perform financial analysis for all MAJCOM and unit organizations within the purview of A5/8Z
- Provide assistance to MAJCOM and units in the areas of budget formulation, analysis of financial execution actions (e.g. obligations and expenditures), and identifying and resolving disconnects between reported financial performance and approved work plans
- Regularly interface with the Office of the Secretary of Defense, Joint Staff, Air Staff, MAJCOMs, NAFs, and other Government organizations when performing duties associated with A5/8Z
- Manage the Government Purchase Card Program for units to include initiation, problem resolution, training and performance analysis, and direct training of unit financial POCs
- Duties also include adjustment of funding to cover shortfalls and unanticipated expenses, providing counsel on propriety of funding for specific needs, and analyzing year-end closing options to ensure proper and full use of funds
- Develop and maintain financial planning and performance analysis and prepare/present financial information presentation as required
- Act as primary interface to unit-level financial managers
- Plan, coordinate, and attend A5/8Z official functions and conferences – approximately four (4) per year
- Represent A5/8Z at CAF financial meetings
Develops, implements, and/or maintains one or a combination of accounting systems. Uses accounting and financial procedures in resolving problems and preparing recommendations for management based on the financial results of programs. This family is also responsible for analyzing current and past budgets, preparing and justifying budget requests, and allocating funds according to spending priorities. Individuals in these roles analyze accounting records to determine financial resources required to implement programs and submit recommendations for budget allocations, recommend approval or disapproval of requests for funds and advise staff on cost analysis and fiscal allocations. Duties may also include consolidating the budget estimates of several organizational units and preparing a unitary budget itemizing production costs for consideration and action by upper echelons of management. Contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards. Considered expert in field within the organization. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives. Provides guidance to more junior team members to achieve goals in accordance with established policies. Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules. Establishes and recommends changes to policies which affect organization.
Develops solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives
FREEDOM TO ACT:
Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective for desired results.
Effects of decisions are long-lasting and heavily influence the future course of the organization.
Serves as consultant to management and special external spokesperson for the organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, plans, and objectives.
Clearance required to start:
Top Secret (SCI eligibility preferred)
Clearance able to potentially obtain / maintain:
TS/SCI with Polygraph
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability