University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Colorado Center for Personalized Medicine
Business Services Professional (Intermediate)
Position 729357 – Requisition 14934
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The Colorado Center for Personalized Medicine (CPPM) has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Business Services Professional (Intermediate) position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver—one of America’s most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient’s bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The Colorado Center for Personalized Medicine (CCPM) & Division of Biomedical Informatics & Personalized Medicine (BIPM) is seeking a Business Services Professional to work at the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora. The mission of CCPM is to integrate bioinformatics and personalized medicine using patient health record information and “big” data with genetic information to develop personally tailored treatments and cures for different illnesses and diseases. This will be done by combining cutting edge biomedical technology with large-scale computing and the latest in genetic sequencing technology. The goals of BIPM are to develop new knowledge, establish and maintain training programs, provide access to expertise in biomedical informatics for the CU community, to complement existing expertise such as that found in the School of Public Health and the Departments of Pediatrics, Genetics and Pharmacology, and to identify mechanisms to include Personalized Medicine in the care of our patients and in their electronic medical records in a way that measurably improves the outcomes and efficiency of delivery of patient care.
Professionals at the intermediate level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. At the intermediate level, duties may be more limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals.
The Business Services Professional is responsible for the day-to-day management, processing, coordination of procurement activities, expense reimbursements, travel and meeting arrangements and reimbursements, human resources recruitment activities, website maintenance, and the general coordination and management of the various activities, functions, and infrastructure needs of the faculty of CCPM and BIPM. Position will report to and support the CCPM Center Director and the Director of Finance and Administration (DFA).
Examples of Work Performed:
Center and Division Operations
Procurement & Finance Administration
- Serves as the initial point of contact for the Colorado Center for Personalized Medicine and maintains professional working relationships with wide variety of stakeholders.
- Provides support for the Director, faculty, and staff, advising on policies and procedures related to necessary functions and operations of the University, the Center, and the Division.
- Significant calendar responsibilities include scheduling of high-level meetings with complex groups of internal and external attendees, managing multiple calendars, coordinating events, making travel arrangements for CCPM/BIPM faculty, leadership, visiting professors, faculty recruits, research colleagues, and seminar attendees.
- Manage multiple research teleconferences, webinars, seminars, steering committee meetings etc., for large, disparate national and international groups. This will include development and utilization of electronic collaboration tools and processes.
- Coordinate guest speakers for the CCPM/BIPM, including scheduling meetings with campus faculty, and making arrangements for flights, hotel accommodations, and honoraria.
- Coordinate research seminars including reserving venues, arranging video/web/conferencing, contracting with caterers/vendors as required, designing and distributing flyers, announcements, invite lists, contracting with hotels for blocks of rooms, transportation etc. as needed.
- Project management and support of various projects related to research and/or other CCPM/BIPM objectives; creates and adheres to project timelines, provides updates and reports on project statuses.
- Writes professional correspondence and communications; Creates and edits content and makes updates to the CCPM/BIPM website.
- Develops and maintains office files, processes, and procedures.
- Stays current and complies with University, Federal, and State fiscal rules, policies, and procedures. Attends training, town-hall type meetings and forums related to procurement, travel, or other University related processes.
- Performs additional duties, assigned or unassigned, as required by the nature and scope of the position in accordance with University of Colorado policies.
- Assists with additional research operations as needed.
HR and Payroll Administration
- Independently determines appropriate account for allocation of expenses to accounts within the Division and the Center and ensures financial transactions are appropriate and comply with all relevant university regulations and policies.
- Ensures accounts maintain a positive financial position, and keeps Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) informed of any errors, working with DFA to compile documentation for appropriate course of action (Journal Entry, Payroll Expense Transfer, etc) to correct any errors.
- Produces monthly finance reports, including developing custom reports and assisting DFA with analysis and forecasting.
- Manages, processes, and serves as the point of contact for procurement, accounts payable, and employee/non-employee expense reimbursements, including travel and moving reimbursements.
- Serves as a resource to faculty and staff regarding policies and procedures related to procurement and financial operations and serves as a procurement card approver for staff.
- Purchases supplies for the CCPM/BIPM, maintains inventory, and prepares procurement and travel reports as requested.
- Serves as the point of contact for CU Careers recruitments, preparing job descriptions for posting, managing applicant pools, supporting search committees, scheduling search committee meetings, and coordinating the onboarding of new hires.
- Work closely with the Division Administrator/DFA to collect/report monthly vacation/sick leave usage and biweekly timesheets through MyLeave for student workers and lab personnel.
- Assists with recruitment of PRAs, post-doctoral fellows, students, and faculty.
- Work closely with Director, Division Administrator, and DFA to manage the annual evaluation process, ensuring that all faculty and staff are evaluated using current forms and that all deadlines are met.
- Coordinate and liaise with UC Denver Human Resources (Central HR) as needed.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or the hiring range) for this position has been established at $40,406 to $80,812 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
A bachelor’s degree in business, business administration, finance, accounting , education, social sciences, healthcare administration, public administration, communications, information systems, or a directly related field from an accredited institution and one (1) year of professional level experience in program coordination, program support, human resources, and/or finance administration.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.
- Experience managing multiple calendars.
- Two or more years of program support experience.
- Experience with PeopleSoft HCM, Taleo, and/or other HRIS and ATS related applications.
- Human resources experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills and commitment to building positive working relationships.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Adept at using Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn new software applications.
- Ability to plan, organize, and management time to effectively complete tasks.
- Adapts quickly to change and is able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a calm, organized manner, and is open to new ideas and methods.
- Demonstrates discretion and maintains a high level of confidentiality.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Aileen Sanders (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions: Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.