- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university Bachelor's or Master's degree program.
- Majoring in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related STEM field.
- Graduating between June 2025 and June 2027.
- Ability to work year-round until graduation (part-time during the school year and full-time during the summer).
- Living within commutable distance to Seattle, WA and able to work in-person year-round.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, Python, or C++ including object-oriented design.
Amazon is looking for a highly-motivated Jr. Software Development Engineer (SDE)! Jr. SDEs write real software and collaborate with experienced software engineers who provide guidance and opportunities for ownership on projects that matter to our customers. As a year-round intern, Jr. SDEs become fully integrated into their teams and regularly contribute to impactful deliverables. Your design and code will contribute to solving some of Amazon's most complex technical challenges.
The Jr. SDE role is part of Amazon's Jr Developer Program - a year-round internship opportunity that offers a symbiotic relationship between work and school. Jrs. receive 1:1 mentoring throughout their time in the program, receiving guidance and insight from a full-time Amazonian on their team. Because of the internship's extended tenure, our Jrs. become immersed in an Amazon team and gain real-life technical experience. Flexible part-time schedules during the school year and full-time employment over the summer creates an environment where students can succeed in both their work and their education. Seattle has a growing population of Jrs, allowing for deep connections with fellow students engaged in similar roles.
Upon successful completion of the Jr. Developer Program, the opportunity to apply for a full-time employment will be available at an Amazon corporate site.
- Part-time work during the school year (16 hours/week)
- Full-time work during the summer (40 hours/week)
- 1:1 mentoring with an experienced Software Engineer
- Effective performance management and integrated opportunities for growth
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Seattle, WA, USA
- Previous technical internship(s), if applicable.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $15/hr in our lowest geographic market up to $75.63/hr in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.