Title Accountant / Office Administrator
Status Part-time, Non-Exempt Hourly
Start Date Immediately
Studio Heimat is a boutique interior design firm, based in San Francisco. We are looking for an Accountant who is also comfortable being an Office Administrator. This joint position needs someone who is comfortable wearing multiple hats, has strong accounting understanding and is capable of managing various office operational functions. The ideal candidate is a team player, who interacts well with our team, clients & vendors, picks things up quickly, and has the ability to read a situation and its nuances.
This is a long-term, part-time job. Please apply only if this fits what you are looking for. To apply, please send us a cover letter and resume.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Match and research credit card transactions and posting transactions on to the firm’s accounting system
- Update sales tax rates quarterly
- Calculate and track sales tax transactions
- Input purchases on to the design system
- Reconcile monthly credit card and bank statements
- Record, update and monitor company inventory items on the system and physically track inventory
- Accounting functions will be added over time, as you gain experience and knowledge of the company’s business. Future functions could include quarterly and annual sales tax preparations, annual regulatory filings, preparing Financial Statements, preparing financial data for tax returns, insurance audits, etc.
- Prepare and respond to questionnaires from insurance companies for annual renewals
Office operational functions:
- Manage various aspects of office operations such as monitoring and ordering office supplies, coordinate office maintenance and garbage/recycling pickups, organize office activities
- Receive, record and inspect deliveries to the office
- Prepare vendor returns, and arrange returns to vendors
- Run errands as needed to help out the design team
- Other activities as needed to support the team and company
- College-level degree in Business Administration, or Accounting/Finance
- Minimum 3-year experience in Accounting
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Good critical thinking and problem solving skills
- The ability to organize and prioritize work
- Must be detail oriented, check your own work and follow-through
- Must be a team player, and enjoys wearing different hats
- Reliable car with valid CA driver’s license preferred, and comfortable driving in San Francisco
- Comfortable troubleshooting issues with printers and laptops, a plus
- Must be able to keep and respect the confidentiality of company information
Salary: Hourly, Depends on experience
Location: San Francisco
Hours: Part Time position – 10 to 15 hours per week, in the office.
To Apply: Please submit a current resume and a cover letter.
Job Type: Part-time
- accounting: 3 years (Required)
- San Francisco, CA (Preferred)
- CA DRIVER'S LICENSE (Required)