Java Architect with Cloud (121717)
FTE/ Permanent/Direct Hire
Phone + Skype/F2F
Server side technologies, client-side technologies, domain-specific architecture, Design patterns, frameworks, current Java-based solutions, mobile, Infrastructure Administration, Data Sciences, cloud infrastructure, Azure, Iaas, PaaS, Java, NodeJS, REST APIs, SOAP, web services, Third-party integrations, enterprise integration patterns, enterprise service bus components, Microservices style architecture, API services, Enterprise’s Continuous Deployment and Integration, Unit Testing
External Basic Qualifications:
- Creates design documents that ensure consistency in development across the online organization. Participates in the definition of IT architecture to ensure that the online organization's IT solutions are built within a consistent framework.
- Participates in the decision-making processes related to the selection of software architecture solutions.
- Serves as a technical and business-savvy resource to software development engineering personnel on a range of software design issues.
- Implements and improves core software infrastructure. Participates in improving software development lifecycle, technical operations, and technology innovation.
- Participates in developing technical / business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
- Shares complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology/business solutions.
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- May perform systems and applications performance characterization and trade-off studies through analysis and simulation.
- May mentor less experienced members of the team. May lead teams/projects.
- May represent On-line Technology in internal or external forums.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 4 years of experience in online software engineering OR High school / GED and at least 7 years of experience in software engineering.
- At least 3 years of leadership experience in server side or client side technologies.
- Experience in domain-specific architecture concepts and emerging technologies. (Design patterns, frameworks, current Java-based solutions, mobile, OR Infrastructure Administration OR Data Sciences)
- At least 1 year of experience in domain-specific Architecture.
- Experience working with matrix teams including teams in different time zones.
- Experience creating and promoting guiding development principles and influencing development teams, business users and management in the adoption of technical solutions.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within the state and out of state).
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information technology, Engineering, Science, or Math.
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of innovation and comprehensive technology solutions.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and provisioning technologies such as Azure, Iaas and PaaS capabilities
- Experience with Java, and supporting technologies, NodeJS is a plus
- Experience designing and implementing REST APIs and SOAP-based web services standards
- Third-party integrations using enterprise integration patterns, and enterprise service bus components
- Working with REST and SOAP-based web services standards
- Knowledge of Microservices style architecture
- Experience implementing back-end API services according to design reference documents and modify existing assets to fit requirements.
- Experience implementing or adopting Enterprise’s Continuous Deployment and Integration
- Experience performing automated Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Experience in resolving technical issues related to infrastructure, programming or packages
- Experience with one or more of the following: Jenkins, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, ACS/AKS, Twistlock Atlassian toolset (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket), Artifactory.
703-953-3118 X 1307
- provided by Dice Architect, Java, AWS/Azure/Cloud, NodeJS, REST APIs, SOAP, web services