This is a vital, fast paced, position where you are taking lumber from the shelves and turning into high quality product such as turning squares, moldings, table skirts, etc. to set up the production department to be successful at meeting the company’s same say shipping goals.
As a small company each employee is required to wear many hats and part of this position requires making time to do other tasks such as custom millwork on our existing product (chamfering, installing inserts, mortising, trimming, etc.), requesting stock be re-ordered in time so we don’t run out, receiving and inspecting incoming shipments, stocking shelves, and engaging in inventory activities.
On the job training is a normal part of integration in this teamwork environment.
- One year of general woodshop experience (work related, school class, serious hobby)
- Problem solving skills with a dedication to finding out why things go wrong instead of just fixing the problem
- High degree of mathematical skills
- The capacity to focus on meeting or exceeding productivity targets
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize activities in the work environment
- Must be available for day shift work (7:00 am to 5:30pm)
- Proficient keyboarding, minimum 25 words per minute
- Required Tools: an accurate standard/metric tape measure at least eight (8) feet in length
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Consistent, punctual attendance in compliance with company policies
- Job includes various millwork operations (table saw, band saw, chop saw, planer, molder, etc.) sanding, and other woodworking activities
- Additional job responsibility’s assigned by your manager
Trustworthy, dependable, focused, Innovative thinker with the ability to come up with unique solutions to challenges.
Compensation - Pay based upon experience.
Benefits - Company offers regular daytime hours, insurance (health, vision, dental, life and disability), vacation, credit union, 401k, personal time benefits, and use of the company’s fitness center.
OSBORNE WOOD PRODUCTS, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to selection, hiring promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, handicap or disability, citizenship status, service member status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $16.00 per hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Work Location: One location