High School Intern (Summer 2019) - (153569)
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Structural Intern/Co-Op, we'll count on you to:
- Work as a member of a design team on multiple projects serving clients such as NYSDOT, NYCDOT, NYSTA, MTA – New York City Transit, and PANYNJ.
- The position includes assisting in preparation of plans, detail drawing/calculation checks, estimate and quantity take-offs for projects of various sizes and complexity.
- The Structures Department has a wide range of infrastructure projects including new bridge design, bridge rehabilitation, stations work, inspection work, and flood mitigation.
- Structural Internship is for Summer (May - August 2019)
- Must be currently enrolled in school as a High School student with a strong interest in engineering.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Must possess strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Students with at least one prior internship in the A/E industry preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Microstation preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Preference will be given to local candidates
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
United States-New York-New York
Mar 21, 2019