***This is a great opportunity to not only learn about the Auto Club Group and its products and services, but to also develop your professional skills by receiving on-the-job training through being a part of an office/team environment. Assignments are based on business line needs but will encompass professional level work that may include: gathering information, providing analysis and drawing conclusions and/or developing recommendations, conducting department business/system audits, developing reports, performing mathematical calculations for various transactions, selling and servicing of various ACG/affiliated products, etc.***
- This is not a Summer Internship. Must be available during the entire internship period of 11 months, with a scheduled 20 hours/week (some flexibility in the days and hours)
- Project-focused, with specific group assignments and time to work together as a team
- Individual assignments to assist Intern in gaining understanding of the day-to-day aspects of working in the department
- Assist in developing contests
- Assist with sales programs and initiatives
- Ability to compile spreadsheets and create reports via Excel
- Ability to create/compile/edit presentations via PowerPoint as assigned
- Other program components as determined by departmental needs
- Learn and adapt to corporate cultures and processes and provide own relevant and effective experience and best practices
- Be comfortable in an environment where responsibilities are broadly defined, resources are limited, and collaboration is critical to success
- Ability to provide excellent service to internal and/or external customers
Works in a temperature-controlled office environment. May require ability to travel to offsite locations (minimal if at all).
College junior or senior in good academic standing (2.5GPA or higher), or recent college graduate.
- Providing timely solutions to problems
- PC software applications (e.g., Word, Excel (intermediate to advanced skills), PowerPoint (intermediate to advanced skills, Access, etc.)
- Multi-tasking and appropriately prioritizing tasks to ensure meeting business line goals
Ability and desire to learn the following:
- Basic math calculations to accurately perform various types of transactions
- Field of study that aligns with assigned business line
- Acquire knowledge of ACG products, services and functions to perform the responsibilities of assigned job
- Assist internal/external client in response to questions, requests and resolution of problems
- Review records, system files, reports, etc. to ensure correct information is reflected and/or assigned.
- Gather data and prepare/track reports
- Communicate effectively with others in a work environment and with the public
- Assist and/or develop reports/presentations/recommendations for management review
- Rotate within department/field location to cross-train on various business line functions
- Work independently and on teams
- Oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Be technically savvy
The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.