Posting Date Aug 05, 2019
Job Number 19106069
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location New York Bridges Office, 450 Lexington Avenue, New York, New York, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Bridges from School to Work (Bridges) is currently seeking an Employer Representative (ER) for our New York city site. The ER role involves collaborating with NYC high schools to identify, recruit and enroll young adults who receive special education services. After enrollment, you will work with the young adults and a variety of local employers to create successful employment matches with potential for long-term job retention. ERs are evaluated on the number of participants placed and retained in employment, and by the quality of all services delivered.
ON THIS JOB, YOU WILL
- Assess skills, interests, and aptitudes of youth.
- Identify employment-related barriers and create specific, practical strategies to address them.
- Develop relationships with local businesses that can offer jobs consistent with employment objectives of participants.
- Provide appropriate pre- and post-placement support to both youth and employers to optimize employment success and vocational growth.
- Achieve job placement and retention quotas.
ARE YOU A FIT?
Empathizer—You listen to the goals and objectives of both young adults and employers to help them achieve mutually beneficial employment outcomes. You seek to understand.
Communicator— You demonstrate cultural competence in adapting your communication style to different audiences. You gather needed information and share resources easily. Activator—You drive for results. You enjoy turning challenges into opportunities. Job placement outcomes are important, and so are your contributions to the team and the program overall.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Goal-oriented high achiever
- Strategic and organized
- Comfortable with ambiguity and the unpredictable
- Creative problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Current driver’s license and a willingness to use personal vehicle for transporting youth
- Can balance autonomy with producing quality results
- Demonstrates integrity and accountability
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.