Online Faculty/Nursing Undergraduate
Dean and Chair of School of Nursing and Health Sciences
PRINCIPAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Add to the SON faculty individuals with the capacity to assist the SON programs in achieving its goal of excellence in nursing education.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Teach an eight (8) to fifteen (15) week course at least once per year.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
(ex: duties that are essential to performing the job with or without an accommodation)
- Review/refine a course syllabus to include instructor-specific contact information.
- Develop online content and other course materials in support of course and weekly outcomes, including content that supports and enhances required readings forth e-course; includes the author's experiences and perspectives on key points; and aligns with the associated weekly objectives and outcomes.
- Deliver the distance learning course consistent with the corresponding course standards.
- < >in the online discussions: sharing experiences and perspectives; probing students with questions that require critical thinking skills; highlighting key learning points; answering student questions.
Provide relevant and timely feedback on submitted student work, including participation.
- Compile and report grade-related information to students and administration.
- Inform and discuss student issues with Directors as applicable.
- Adhere to all instructor policies and procedures, as defined in the SON faculty handbook.
- Participate in regular instructor meetings, face-to-face and/or virtually, and contribute to process improvement efforts
- A fast and reliable computer (i.e., desktop, laptop or tablet)
- Broadband/high-speed internet.
- Master's degree in nursing, DNP with advanced practice certification, or PhD in appropriate discipline.
- Strong inter-personal skills when relating to students.
- Time management skills - instructors must be able to devote adequate time to courses, communicating timely feedback and engaging regularly in discussion
- Effective written communication skills, including the abilities to: - Convey complex topics in one's subject-matter to others - Project a professional and appropriate online tone - Moderate online discussions to promote in-depth engagement in course topics - Provide useful feedback to students via their graded work.
- Online teaching and/or learning experience.
Licensing and Certifications
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in good standing in Kentucky.
(examples provided below)
- Ability to sit at a workstation for extended periods
- Occasional ability to lift, carry, and put away parcels weighing up to 25pounds
- Normal physical mobility, which includes movement from place to place on the job taking distance and speed into account
- Normal physical strength to handle routine office materials and tools
- Normal endurance
KENTUCKY STATE UNVERSITY is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The functions, qualifications, knowledge/skills, and physical requirements listed in this job description represent the essential duties of the job, which the incumbent must be able to perform either with or without reasonable accommodation. The Job Functions listed do not necessarily include all activities that the individual may perform.