Workforce Logiq is currently looking for a Site Reliability Engineer for a temporary assignment in Boulder, CO. The SolidFire Site Reliability Engineers SRE team is a world-class group of talented engineers that design, build and operate state-of-the-art software solutions, platforms and technology. SREs contribute to this effort by owning the tools and initiatives for scaling the systems we support, optimizing performance, and improving the reliability and availability of our systems while delivering these services to our CI/CD pipeline users.
- As an SRE, you will work as part of an innovative and fun team responsible for building resilient operations and systems development environments supporting the CI/CD pipelines while we extend our services toward building IaaS and PaaS domains. There will be a focus on new product development along with introducing enhancements to existing products/services, and so, you should be comfortable with taking on new engineering challenges, defining and designing solutions, and implementing solutions working in a team environment.
- You will partner with product engineering, operations teams and other SREs to deliver products/services through IaaS and/or PaaS via configuration/performance management, monitoring and alerting tools.
- You will deliver applications/services that will support an automated build process (containers, microservices or bare metal)
- You will identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for the company.
- You will optimize performance and solve issues across the entire stack: hardware, software, application, and network.
- You will represent the SRE organization in design reviews and operational readiness exercises for new and existing services. This will include attending and giving presentations to internal staff and when required external customers.
- Troubleshooting core engineering services including DNS, DHCP, PXE, and LDAP
- Providing operational support to feature development and architecture teams, when required
- Script development in any of the following languages (Go, Python, Ruby, Bash)
- Experience automating storage management with SolidFire products (Bonus)
- Ability to design, build, and operate a technology stack
- Experience with Linux (Debian/Ubuntu, Red Hat/CentOS)
- Implementing automation technologies and tools across the software development lifecycle from requirements to development to testing and operations
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally, in a professional manner
- Ability to multi-task, be a strong team player, and have strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Must possess excellent problem-solving skills and an ability to find, troubleshoot, and resolve issues using whatever outside resources (i.e. research) are required
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, web application security, and experience supporting multi-tier web application architectures
- Experience with public cloud offerings such as AWS, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure
- Experience with K8s/Docker container technologies
- Experience with Jenkins or similar technologies
- Experience with Ansible or similar technologies
- Familiar with Bitbucket/GIT source control
- Linux System Administration
o File systems (NFS, LVM, etc.)
o Experience managing Bind DNS, DHCP, PXE in a distributed environment
o Debian / Ubuntu distributions
o Cloud/On prem solutions
o Linux operating system networking
o Virtual Switching (Standard and Distributed)
o Storage as it pertains to VMware
- Monitoring Tools implementation and configuration (Any of the below tools)
- Configuration Management / Containerization (any of the below tools)
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in field
Workforce Logiq is an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.