Michigan Milk Producers Association, a leader in Michigan’s dairy industry, is seeking a Cost Accountant to join our team in Novi, Mi. Milk Producers Association is the 10th largest dairy cooperative in the United States with approximately 2,000 dairy farmer members in Michigan, Indiana, Ohio and Wisconsin.
Responsibilities as Cost Accountant:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Perform plant cost accounting responsibilities including month end close, variance analysis, and report preparation for use by Corporate HQ and local plant management
- Ability to calculate the final cost of a manufactured product and be able to effectively communicate the methodology used to come up with the cost.
- Perform time studies of each operation at the plants to assist in costing model development.
- Assists plant management and HQ in the preparation, review and analysis of plant level budgets and forecasts.
- Responsible for the liaison and administration of plant internal controls in conjunction with plant management including cycle and physical counts of raw material and finished products.
- Lead external auditors regarding matters of plant operations
- Manage the Market data report to USDA (U.S. Department of Agriculture)
- Review and approve monthly reconciliations for submission for corporate consolidation
- Working with the engineering team, provide control and support of capital expenditure projects
- Gather and report operational key performance indicator data on a weekly, monthly and annual basis
- Monitor the Purchase Order process updating the process and actively participating in the approval process
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration
- 5 years of finance related work experience with at least 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience using integrated ERP systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, including look-ups, pivot tables and if then statements
- Strong analytical skills
- Solid organizational and communication skills
- CMA or CPA certification
- Experience working and participating in a manufacturing organization committed to the principles of Lean and Continuous Improvement
Managerial Competencies and Personal Skills/Attributes desired:
- Committed to achieve our mission through the leadership and guidance of a team
- Willing to challenge a process yet receptive to new ideas
- Drive change with a positive attitude
- Interact with all levels
- Shows interest to learn and share from others
- Learns and interacts positively with the environment
- Willing to take action in an uncertain environment
- Analytical and problem-solution oriented mindset
- Shows passion for growth and development within a team
MMPA is one of the top dairy cooperatives in the nation with a strong financial record. Our owners are 2000+ dairy farmers located in the states of Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Wisconsin. MMPA markets its members’ milk, guaranteeing a market every day for all member-produced milk.
- Competitive salary
- Company provided pension
- Outstanding insurance benefits - Health/Vision/Dental
- Protection for the future - Life and Disability insurance
- Paid vacation time and sick time
- 401(k) plan with a generous company contribution
Together with our members and employees our association is positioned and planning for growth. Our benefits are attractive, and our future is bright.
Successful passage of drug test, background check, and criminal record check required.