Jetset Travel American Express is seeking an experienced travel agent to work part time or full time in our busy Dover office. Applicants must have travel agency experience. Applicants should possess a travel background, excellent phone skills, and dependability with a good work ethic. Salary and Commission.
Responsibilities and Duties
Job Purpose: Guides travelers by identifying itineraries; booking reservations.Duties:
* Clarifies travel preferences by determining travel dates and destination, mode of transportation, and finances.
* Develops itinerary by assembling literature; offering personal experiences; commenting on local customs, points of interest, and special events; answering inquiries; offering suggestions.
* Schedules itinerary by identifying, booking, and confirming route, carriers, lodging, and dining; verifying space and rates; issuing tickets.
* Completes foreign travel requirements by obtaining visa, permit, and medical regulations; completing forms; providing information to obtain currency.
* Prepares travel packet by assembling itinerary, maps, tickets, confirmations, visas and related documents, baggage tags, emergency resources, insurance options, etc.
* Collects payment by entering and verifying scheduled services and charges; computing total; obtaining credit card charge, check, or cash. * Maintains resource of travel options by traveling carriers and visiting destinations; assembling, filing, and updating directories, brochures, pamphlets, guides, timetables, etc.
* Obtains refunds and adjustments by completing claim forms.
* Promotes travel by selling tour packages and special events; speaking to community groups.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.Skills/Qualifications: Travel Logistics, Scheduling, Customer Service, Data Entry Skills, Analyzing Information , Dealing with Complexity, Initiative, General Math Skills, Verbal Communication, Planning, Teamwork
Qualifications and Skills
High School diploma and at least two years related experience; college degree is preferred
Experience working in a professional office is required, experience supporting executive staff is preferred
Comprehensive knowledge of domestic and foreign travel arrangements, including airline ticketing and booking, visa processing and other travel documents, and knowledge of event planning logistics
Knowledge of online travel booking and expense reporting systems required – experience with Concur is preferred
Exceptional customer service, communication and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
Ability to anticipate needs, manage and prioritize multiple projects, work independently, troubleshoot and resolve problems, and meet deadlines
Possess a highly professional manner and discretion with confidential information
Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel with intermediate to advanced proficiency required
Knowledge of document management systems preferred
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time