Refugee Women’s Alliance (ReWA) is a nationally recognized multiethnic nonprofit organization that provides award-winning services to refugee and immigrant women and their
families in King and Snohomish Counties.
POSITION TITLE: ECE Lead Teacher
PROGRAM: Early Childhood Education Program
REPORTS TO: Early Childhood Education Program Director
STATUS: Nonexempt full time (40 hours per week)
Provide a comfortable and secure environment for children to meet their emotional, social, intellectual and physical needs. Organize and present materials that are age appropriate. Help refugee and immigrant children maintain their home language and culture while learning English, and feel emotional and socially comfortable in a preschool setting. Provide information to parents on childcare techniques as needed.
- Follow program policies, Performance Standards (ECEAP, Step Ahead & SPP), Early Achievers, NAC (National Accreditation Commission) and Licensing Guidelines
- Conduct program screenings and assessments to children; including ASQ, Learning Stories & Teaching Strategies Gold (document both first and second language development)
- Create a classroom language plan so every child will be linguistically supported in his or her home language plus supporting the development of English skills or other linguistic skills
- Support children daily with developmentally appropriate literacy, numeracy, scientific inquiry, creative and physical opportunities with respect to the learning styles and abilities to meet the needs of all students
- Be familiar with and implement the components of the HighScope Curriculum and Soy Bilinque Curriculum
- Write lesson plans that incorporate the HighScope Curriculum’s Key Developmental Indicator objectives and reflect the children’s emergent interests and skills.
- Write individual learning plans (ILP) for each child based on observational notes, continuum and parent input quarterly for parent-teacher conference (include five objectives; socialemotional, first/second language/literacy, cognitive and physical development)
- Participate in initial parent teacher visit and 3 parent-teacher conferences a year
- Write and maintain accurate incident/illness records, documenting issues and progress of each student
- Inspect equipment and materials daily to insure they are safe, clean and in good repair for children’s use; report to Site Coordinator for repair needs
- Monitor children at all times (counts, hallway, transitions, and outside; ensuring ratios are always maintained)
- Attend training sessions and childcare meetings as required
- Serve breakfast, lunch and snacks; sit down with children and engage in meaningful conversations and model eating following USDA guidelines.
- Ability to lift the sand box on a regular basis.
- Perform other related duties assigned by Early Childhood Education Program Director
- Complete yearly 20 hours of NAC/ STARS training required by WA state
- Maintain Professional Development goal
- Manage Teaching Strategies Gold Assessment Tool (Regularly enter TSG observations, finalize TSG checkpoints and complete TSG conference form quarterly)
- Coordinate and facilitate for children who may need further evaluation for CHILD FIND with the Behavioral Health Specialist and the Seattle Public School
- B.A. Degree in Early Childhood Education
- Two year paid experience working with preschoolers
- Experience volunteering or working in a multi-cultural environment with various educational backgrounds
- Must meet federal and state health and safety standards and maintain credentials for childcare (CPR and first aid, HIV, CPS Training, pass TB test)
- Current food handlers permit
- Have clean criminal background check
- Ability to lift a minimum of 45 pounds
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a sense of humor
- Ability to work flexible hours occasionally
- B.A. degree in Early Childhood Education or related field
- Soy Bilinque Dual Language ECE Professional Certificate
- Bicultural/bilingual in Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese, French, Omoro, Amharic, Eritrean, Somali, or Tigrinya
CLOSES: Open until Filled
BENEFITS: Medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance; 403(b) retirement savings plan; paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply