SALARY RANGE: $19.94 per hour paid bi-weekly
FINANCE NUMBER: 513468
Persons Eligible to Apply
All U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent resident aliens, citizens of American Samoa or other territory owing permanent allegiance
to the United States. Applicants entitled to veterans’ preference and/or covered by the Veterans Employment Opportunity
Act may apply for any posted position. Applicants must apply online at www.usps.com/careers to be considered for this
employment opportunity. You must have a valid email address to apply as communication regarding employment
opportunities, examinations (when applicable), and background checks will be sent by email. Please add the following email
domain addresses to your contact list to allow all correspondence to be received - @usps.gov; @psionline.com;
@geninfo.com; @uspis.gov. EXAM: If an exam is required and you are invited to take the test, instructions regarding the
exam process will be sent to you via email. Please ensure you can receive email messages from our test vendor and follow
instructions carefully so you can be considered for this employment opportunity. SCREENINGS: You may receive multiple
requests for background checks in regards to this employment opportunity. Respond to all requests quickly as we anticipate
filling our vacancies quickly and nonresponses may result in disqualification for this opportunity.
The Inspection Service criminal background check is conducted using United States information resources only (e.g., FBI
fingerprint check, state and county checks). A criminal background check involves a 5-year inquiry for any location where
the individual has resided, worked or gone to school within the United States or its territories. As a result of this limitation,
the criminal background checks of individuals who have not resided in the United States or its territories for the preceding
5-years may not be considered complete. The Inspection Service may be able to process inquiries for U.S. Citizens only,
but only if their time spent out of the country was spent as: a trailing spouse or dependent of someone working for the U.S.
government (military or civilian), a missionary, a student attending school in a foreign country, a Peace Corps participant, or
as an employee of a U.S.-based employer/company. If the Inspection Service is unable to perform a complete background
check because of residency outside the United States, such individuals will be ineligible for Postal employment.
Cases, delivers, and collects mail along a prescribed rural route using a vehicle; provides customers on the route with a
variety of services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Sorts mail in delivery sequence for the assigned route.
2. Receives and signs for accountable mail.
3. Loads mail in vehicle.
4. Delivers mail to customers along a prescribed route and on a regular schedule by a vehicle; collects monies and receipts
for accountable mail; picks up mail from customers' roadside boxes.
5. Sells stamps, stamped paper and money orders; accepts C.O.D., registered, certified, and insured mail and parcel post;
furnishes routine information concerning postal matters and provides requested forms to customer.
6. Returns mail collected, undeliverable mail, and submits monies and receipts to post office.
7. Prepares mail for forwarding and maintains records of change of address information.
8. Prepares a daily trip report and maintains a list of the customers on the route.
9. Conducts special surveys when required.
10. Maintains an inventory of stamps and stamped paper as needed to provide service to customers on the route.
11. Provides for mail security at all times.
Rural Carrier Associates are non-career employees who provide customers along a rural route a variety of services including
delivering and collecting mail and selling stamps, supplies and money orders. Desirable candidates may be required to have
a vehicle suitable for use and live within easy commuting distance of the facility location.