Calling all recent college GRADS! Now that you've finished your degree, we think it's your time to BLUME! Come grow your career with us!
Blume Global is a technology company based in Pleasanton, CA. We recently renamed and relaunched our company as Blume, but we have been an established technology services company for 24 years as REZ-1, Inc., primarily servicing the North American intermodal transportation market. Blume is a successful, privately owned company with approximately 200 employees located in offices in Pleasanton CA, Wellesley MA, Oak Brook IL, and Hong Kong. Today, we develop and operate cloud-based solutions for stakeholders in the global supply chain; shippers, logistics companies and transportation providers.
Our relaunch as Blume is part of a new growth strategy that entails significant investment in R&D over the coming 2-3 years as we build upon our industry-leading digital platform with machine learning, AI and big data at its foundation. This is an extremely exciting time for Blume, and we are urgently building out our organization to enable and support our growth.
Blume is an energetic, diverse environment where we pride ourselves on high standards, collaboration, and personal development. As an established and successful company, we offer our employees competitive compensation, and a broad set of benefits often only found with larger companies, but more importantly, a working environment where everyone makes a difference - with opportunities to match.
As an Entry Level UI Developer you will...
- Work with product team to understand product vision and requirements.
- Designs, implements and supports the integrated development for Web-based application projects.
- Guide the frameworks, direction, design, and interaction models for the overall suite of systems.
- Work with a team of engineering professionals to ensure the highest quality product delivery.
As a member of our team, you will be responsible for ensuring the successful launches of many product features.
- Write code that is of high quality and consistent with our coding standards.
- Work with lead engineers and architects in crafting technical designs.
- Designing, implementing, and unit testing client-side user interface.
- Maintain best practices for development/code changes as needed.
- Assist in the design and architecture of our suite of software applications.
- Serve as a member of a Scrum team and participate in all planning, stand-up and retrospective meetings.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or related field.
- Hands-on full cycle Web Development/UI/ Front-end development experience.
- Must have advanced knowledge of AJAX, JSON, HTML5, CSS3, and User Interface Standards Principles.
- Experience designing and executing responsive web applications.
- Strong integration background required. Experience with REST, JSON and APIs is required.
- Self-directed an capable of working effectively in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Agile software development in a UNIX/Linux environment.
- Experience with system architecture/design.
- Passionate about technology
- Eager to learn and learn fast, enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Self-directed, demonstrate leadership potential and a team player
- Experience in working in an onsite and offshore development model.
- Driven to provide the best customer experience via technology
- Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to come up with creative solutions to impossible-to-solve problems
- Strong written/spoken communication skills.
- Experience with distributed systems operating in a scalable/high volume environment
- Ability to drive innovation
All entry-level positions are located in our beautiful new offices in the East Bay of the famous Silicon Valley, California!
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship