Heritage Architecture,a midtown NYC practice with a diverse range of projects and seeks a Lead Architect/ Studio Director to take charge of the firm’s operations and contract management. We are looking for a motivated, Leader for our team. The Lead Architect will be a licensed Architect and have 12 plus years of design and development experience plus 5 years of experience with K-12 NYCSCA projects directly to the CEO and will be the primary client contact. This ideal candidate must be a team player with a positive influence and have the ability to inspire, motivate, collaborate with others. They must have strong leadership skills while managing a team of Architects. This candidate must also have experience in Business Development and Client management, including development of proposals and contracts and a solid working knowledge of construction methods, procedures, and costs in K-12 Capital Improvements.
Projects include NYCSCA design and architecture. Applicants must possess the following:
- 12+ years of architectural project experience minimum; NYS licensure a must.
- Experience working as a lead architect within a small firm setting
- Extensive knowledge of architectural building codes, construction techniques, related engineering disciplines and project administration practices.
- Experience in operations, staffing, management & achieving project profitability.
- Knowledge in building envelope and exterior renovation projects (preferable)
- Client relationship management and effectiveness in expanding the business relationship
- Highly organized & detail oriented architect
- Superior analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to proactively & effectively lead a team of architects
- Strong AutoCAD skills, Adobe Suite and project management software
Management of simultaneous projects of varying scales and be capable of leading projects through all phases of their development.
- Relationship Management of 2-3 major NYC government clients
- Work directly with Senior staff and provide leadership during all phases of the project.
- Review project contracts to identify deliverable, schedules, and project limitations;
- Develop/determine project schedule, staffing needs, and financial projections relative to staffing to complete projects on budget
- Work with accounting to maintain billing and project accounting
- Researches/implements all applicable regulatory requirements for projects
- Manage the preparation of contract documents and all required filings and submissions to regulatory agencies
- Attend and maintain all industry events and participate in marketing and firm expansion
- Prepare RFPs for new contracts Min Requirements:
Bs.c. Architecture + Ms preferable
12 Year experience in architecture practice
5 year in a management position
K-12 experience, colleges & universities a plus
Proficiency with CAD, REVIT, ADOBE
Communications and coordination skills
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 10 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement