BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
Technology & Operations
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2017, BlackRock’s AUM was $6.3 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), alternative investments, separate accounts and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2017, the firm had approximately 16,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com
The Global Accounting and Product Services group is responsible for providing operational support to BlackRock’s portfolio management teams and clients. Together with financial statements and audit oversight, the US Fund Services has responsibility for all NAV and fund accounting matters, carried out by a number of teams in different locations. Global Accounting and Product Services is central to BlackRock’s operations in providing subject matter expertise, monitoring fund administrator service delivery in relation to fund accounting and financial reporting, monitoring operational capacity for new products, contributing to projects in relation to product launches and liaising with fund administrators, auditors, fund directors and portfolio managers. The group is comprised of a number of teams and is organized both functionally and regionally.
We are seeking an Associate level candidate in the Global Accounting and Product Services team in Princeton, NJ that supports our alternative investment team for BlackRock’s largest closed ended alternative investment group, Private Equity. The business demand is high as capital inflows pour into Private Equity and the firm is looking for a driven candidate to grow with the team.
- Ensure a best in class control environment exists internally in an oversight capacity and externally within our 3rd party administrators
- Partner with internal stakeholders who support the same product set, including our portfolio management, legal, tax, product strategy, corporate accounting and finance and all other necessary groups
- Support the business in the successful launch of new products or the liquidation of legacy products at the end of their stated term
- Review NAVs of the firm’s alternative investment fund products, including detailed review and analysis of key reconciliations and fee calculations.
- Facilitate cash management decision making for portfolio management or middle office teams to ensure proper capital call and distributions are processed timely.
- Provide input on annual audited financial statements in conjunction with the alternative financial reporting group.
- Product management responsibilities including liaising with funds’ independent auditors, tax providers and administrators to ensure proper close-out of all open inquiries.
- Support required regulatory filings, such as Form PQR, Form PF, and AIFMD filings.
- Communicate performance results to investors and resolve investors’ questions.
- Custom reporting and projects for investor specific needs.
- Partnering and communicating with various internal business units regarding fund products and performance data.
- Group project opportunities related to implementation of new product accounting, operational procedures, and planning / evaluating technology enhancements.
- Support the investment and business team with marketing and product launches
- 3 to 7+ years of relevant investment/fund accounting or public accounting (audit) experience, specifically supporting closed end alternative investment funds, Private Equity a plus.
- BS/BA degree in finance/ accounting, CPA a plus
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong accounting skills, including knowledge of US GAAP and financial statement presentation for investment companies
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving and planning skills, including the ability to multitask
- Strong technical abilities to guide providers from an accounting decision making perspective with an ability to get in the weeds where necessary with the internal team
- Ability to manage projects, work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast paced and team oriented environment. Management experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, emphasis on Excel. Experience with VBA is a plus
- Ability to work and deliver results independently, a self-starter
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.