Office Assistant (Roseville)
The Arc of Placer County, a vibrant non-profit agency "Making the Difference" for individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities, is seeking a qualified individual with a positive attitude to fill the part-time position of Office Assistant at our administrative offices in downtown Roseville.
Within the policies of The Arc of Placer County and under the general direction of the Executive Director and/or Operations Director, perform certain duties to help with the smooth operations of the administrative office. Must be a motivated self-starter and able to effectively collaborate with others using strong interpersonal and communication skills.
1. Must possess a valid California Driver's License and auto insurance.
2. High school diploma or equivalency. Some college preferred.
3. Must be able to speak, read, write and comprehend English at a 12th grade level.
4. Ability and initiative to work independently.
5. Ability to learn new tasks.
6. Must be capable of utilizing the Internet, Outlook, Word, Excel, and Publisher.
7. Ability to operate various types of office equipment and troubleshoot equipment issues.
8. Good oral and written communication skills.
9. Knowledge of basic office procedures.
10. Accurate typing, 60 wpm. Ability to accurately record minutes.
11. Pleasant and professional demeanor.
12. CPR and First Aid certification (training provided).
13. Must be able to lift 25 pounds; must be able to physically assist consumers including pushing wheelchairs, assisting people with walkers, pushing, bending, and lifting as needed.
Routine Office Duties:
1. Prepare timecards for administration staff.
2. Maintain and update database of staff trainings.
3. Maintain client emergency binder.
4. Maintain staff emergency binder.
5. Conduct weekly filing of timecards, time off requests, and expense requests for fiscal and human resource departments.
6. Conduct filing for executive management.
7. Create birthday cards for agency staff and distribute cards near the date of the birthday.
8. Perform the Administration safety check monthly.
9. Maintain confidentiality.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
11. Function as a collaborative member of the department team and the organization as a whole.
12. Adhere to The Arc of Placer County's Code of Ethics adopted March 2004.
Classification: Part-time, hourly, non-exempt. Approx. 8 hours/week
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email listed with subject line "Office Assistant." No phone calls please.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour