Aptus Delivery Systems has an opening for an experienced Logistics Coordinator/Dispatcher in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Previous supervisory experience within transportation industry.
- Coordinates all dispatching of customer orders to Verge Delivery Services drivers and independent contractor drivers.
- Maintains and monitors all order activity including accurate and complete order entry.
- Issues time managed assignment of orders.
- Monitors order progress and proper order completion.
- Records all order updates from start of order through completion.
- Monitors fleet availability proactively to maintain 100% on-time and accurate completion ratio.
- Advises management of fleet deficiencies.
- Assists customers with questions to include: pricing, direction, follow-up, and requests for proofs of delivery.
- Assists warehouse staff/forklift operations, as needed.
- Monitors dock and warehouse activity, as needed.
- Computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Word are a must.
- Professional, courteous attitude when dealing with customers and co-workers.
- Must have 3+ years of dispatch experience.
- You must be able to work in a fast paced environment and be adaptive to change.
- This is a daytime position and is immediately available.
- 5:00 am start time.
- Monday-Friday/On call rotating weekends.
- Pay is $16-$19 per hour based on previous experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $19.00 /hour