A busy surgical practice with 3 locations in CT is looking for an experienced Certified Medical Assistant. The hours are Monday - Friday with occasional Saturdays.
The Medical Assistant position provides support for the physician staff as it relates to the following:
- Support of very fast paced physicians in office visits and procedures
- Proper maintenance of inventory levels in exam rooms, through ordering, receipt and restocking of supplies
- Recalls on patient visits and colonoscopies
- Precertification of surgical and radiological procedures, as needed
- Fill out all FMLA and Short-term Disability forms
- Proper maintenance of medical waste
- Resuscitation equipment oversight
- Performance of Anal Physiology exams
- Cover phones/front desk in Receptionist’s absence or if phones are not answered within 2 rings, pick up any ringing line and direct call to appropriate personnel
- Arrange for laundering of patient linen apparel
- Make patient appointment reminder calls for Hamden, Ansonia and Branford
- Cover other office’s Medical Assistant position when needed
- Cover front desk position when needed
- Abstract new patient charts in preparation of initial visit.
- Exhibit ability to work in a calm and composed manner under all circumstances.
- Track and retrieve results for all patients orders put in by the physician.
Job Type: Full-time
- Certified Medical Assistant: 1 year (Required)
- Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA) (Required)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Required)