The Technician is responsible for installing and supporting the AV needs of our customers and internal organizations. This relates to all AV technology services including, interactive flat panels, control systems, audio systems, video conferencing, digital signage and general AV products. This is a customer facing position and demands excellent customer service skills.
- AV support relating to technical issues involving audio/video, conference room technologies, classroom technologies, and room control systems
- Support services for pre-sales support and site surveys
- Install and support AV solutions
- Remote trouble shooting and support for customers
- System documentation to include system reviews and recommendations
- Transport products to customer location
- Boxing and unboxing products, as well as, removal of packaging and cleaning work area
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes
Responsibilities and Duties
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Communicate to customers: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes or progress, etc.
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how technology relates to their business strategy and goals
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for entering time and expenses as it occurs
- Work through a daily schedule that has been established through the dispatch process
- Understand processes in management system by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University
- Enter all work as service tickets into management system
- Review publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
Qualifications and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional technical experience, AV experience preferred
- Interpersonal skills: such as communication skills, active listening and customer- care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
- Competitive compensation, based on experience and qualifications.
- Health, vision, and dental benefits available.
- Performance based incentives.
- Full on the job training & support.
- Fun working environment and culture.
- Great opportunity for advancement.
Only local candidates need apply.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work
being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 - $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Shelbyville, KY 40065: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location