KENNEBEC PHARMACY & HOME CARE has an opening for a Pharmacy Supervisor for our retail pharmacy at 11 Medical Center Parkway, Augusta, Maine. The hours for this position are Monday - Friday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm. We require an experienced Pharmacy Technician that is ready to take on the scheduling and supervising duties of a busy retail store, ensuring the workflow is efficient and productive. This supervisor will report to the Pharmacy Manager and directly supervise 3 full-time and 1 part-time Pharmacy Technicians. In addition to the retail pharmacy workflow, this supervisor will oversee the filling of recurring prescriptions through our TCGrx compliance packaging machine. This technology is now available to retail customers who enjoy the convenience of the multi-dose pouches for themselves or for those patients who struggle with medication compliance. Please respond immediately if interested, as we have already begun the interviewing process.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of the Pharmacy Technician Supervisor:
- Assists the pharmacist in the preparation and processing of prescriptions.
- Inspects work activities to ensure prescribed procedures are being followed.
- Learns new technology and equipment and trains other staff to become proficient.
- Oversees inventory and ordering, verifying items are checked in/returned properly and credited accordingly.
- Prepares work schedules, expedites workflow, and validates timecards.
- Assigns technical duties, as well as cleaning duties, to technicians.
- Inspects dates on stock quarterly; ensures removal of outdated items.
- Retrieves and enters new patient information including billing status in computer system.
- Refers clinical questions/problems to pharmacists.
- Maintains patient rights and confidentiality.
- Maintains professional appearance and conduct at all times.
- Promotes the services and products of KPHC to the customers.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED of the Pharmacy Technician Supervisor:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Prior Pharmacy Technician experience is necessary.
- Advanced Pharmacy Technician Certification preferred.
- Must be comfortable with different software programs.
- Must be organized and possess effective time management skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships and open lines of communication with staff and customers.
- At least 1 year of previously effective supervisory or lead pharmacy technician experience.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES of the Pharmacy Technician Supervisor:
- Supervises pharmacy technicians.
- Interviews, hires, and trains employees.
- Plans, assigns, and directs work.
- Appraises performance, and rewards/disciplines employees.
- Addresses complaints, and resolves problems.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Standard retail environment with minimal noise levels. May include lifting moderately heavy boxes. Involves prolonged standing/walking approximately 100% of shift.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $42,000.00 /year
- Pharmacy Technician: 3 years (Required)
- Supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Preferred)
- Maine Pharmacy Technician Registration (Required)