For more than 70 years, Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC has helped businesses and individuals across the country shape clearer paths forward. Our professional accounting and assurance, consulting, tax, and technology services allow clients to streamline and organize operations, comply with changing regulations, and boost business growth with the right technological tools. As Louisiana’s top CPA firm, our rapid growth is continuing. We are looking for leaders to GROW WITH US!
The Assurance Manager position is responsible for planning and managing all phases of client engagements and multiple projects simultaneously by consulting with and taking direction from Associate Directors and Directors to ensure that quality client service is provided in a timely, responsive and efficient manner. This position will perform advanced level services for clients and for all areas within the Firm including, but not limited to researching complex technical questions, demonstrating a high level of professionalism in personal and professional relationships to further enhance the Firm’s image. This position is required to actively market the Firm’s services.
- CPA designation is required.
- 3-5 years of experience in an Assurance Senior capacity or its equivalent.
- 2+ year’s supervisory experience.
- Must have the capability to professionally and appropriately communicate with a diverse group of individuals.
- Must be able to work within a diverse team and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism including the ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Must have a desire to learn and be flexible.
- Must have effective leadership skills.
- Must be highly organized and capable of performing multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate critical thinking skill capabilities.
- Must be capable of performing at an intermediate level with respect to the firm’s billing software programs.
- Must be technically proficient with the capability of performing at an intermediate or advanced level with respect to the Microsoft Office Suite of products or similar software applications.
- Exhibits the technical knowledge and ability to manage and oversee field work on assigned engagements in an organized and efficient manner including, but not limited to, oversight and review of engagement scheduling, engagement planning, timeline monitoring, budget monitoring, timely review of work papers, timely closing of engagement binder, timely completion of staff evaluations and other such matters and other similar items.
- Demonstrates appropriate leadership skills including, but not limited to, effective and timely engagement oversight, timely and accurate communications with Seniors and Staff as well as Associate Directors and Directors; timely and accurate identification of technical issues, timely and appropriate identification of any staff issues and/or concerns, timely client communications regarding open items, and other similar items.
- Manages deadline and internal and external expectations in a timely and organized manner.
- Performs research as necessary to achieve engagement objectives.
- Monitors workloads to meet billable hour and realization.
- Proactively assists in the appropriate billing and collection of fees from clients.
- Self-monitors accomplishments toward defined performance goals.
- Performs assigned tasks including assisting with the internal and on-the-job training of staff members with enthusiasm and professionalism.
- Exhibits excellent analytical ability and diligently performs assigned tasks with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Demonstrates respectful and professional behavior and communications to others (internal and external).
- Responsible for ensuring that engagement procedures comply with professional requirements and to identify engagement efficiencies.
- Exhibits excellent client service including the identification of actual opportunities to provide additional services to clients and/or non-clients.
- Coordinates with other team members to ensure appropriate client contact throughout the year including client related activities such as lunches, telephone calls, communication of accounting changes and other relevant literature.
- Demonstrates ownership and responsibility of engagement and tasks assigned including the proactive communication of status, issues and other concerns with the engagement director in an organized, accurate and timely manner.
- May participate in Firm recruiting activities.
- May be required to travel and work from different company and client locations. Travel usually consists of a minimum of 30% overnight travel. Due to the nature of the position’s requirements, this travel expectation may exceed 30% based on the needs of the client.
- May be required to work extended/overtime hours during workweek and/or on weekends as needed up to 60 hours in a work week.
- Must be able to reach P&N’s office in a timely manner and be ready to perform job responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job successfully with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and listen. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to focus. This position spends a significant amount of time sitting and operating a computer. Lifting requirements will not typically exceed 25 pounds.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully with or without reasonable accommodations. The work environment is considered to be that of a typical business/office operation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Work/Life Balance: Paid Time Off, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Holidays, Dress for Your Day policy, Volunteer Opportunities, Fun Team Activities
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) Plan with Matching/Profit Sharing Contribution, Voluntary & Group Life Insurance, Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance, Medical, Dependent Care and Adoption FSA, Competitive Salaries, Employee Referral bonus
- Health & Wellness: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Health Savings Account
Join our team of professionals and take a firm step forward in your career. With an established mentor program and defined career paths for a range of specialties and skill sets, P&N is a place where professionals of all experience levels thrive. Our Lifelong Learning program, combined with technical training opportunities for staff, ensure that this is a place where our employees can grow — and with a rich office culture and a strong commitment to work/life balance, P&N is a place where you'll be happy to do so. To be considered for employment, visit www.pncpa.com/careers, complete an employment application and Explore Your Next Opportunity with P&N.
Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.