Position GVEC Home HVAC Installation Technician
Location Schertz Office
Full Time Yes
Primary Responsibilities About GVEC
The Guadalupe Valley Electric Cooperative (GVEC) is a member-owned cooperative that provides Electric, Internet, and Beyond the Meter services. With the mission of exceeding the expectations of those we serve, we seek talented professionals interested in providing value for their customers and coworkers. GVEC Home is a subsidiary of Guadalupe Valley Electric Cooperative, specializing in sales, installation, and service of heating/air conditioning systems, photovoltaic systems and offering and full array of professional home and commercial electrician services. In our fast-paced GVEC Home department, GVEC wants team members who can deliver the unexpected through attitude, results, and a willingness to continuously develop themselves, their department, and our organization.
GVEC is looking to hire a full-time GVEC Home HVAC Installation Technician that will be responsible for removal and replacement of residential and light commercial heating and air conditioning systems. Our GVEC HVAC Installer will work in a fast-paced environment, interacting daily with our customers. GVEC HVAC Installers will have the opportunity to work in a variety of geographical locations across the GVEC Home service territory.
- Installation of residential and light commercial HVAC systems in customer homes and businesses
- Removal/replacement of HVAC systems
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
- Work well with others and the general public and possess the desire to provide the highest quality workmanship.
- Position requires a great personality, positive attitude, strong work ethic and the ability to learn quickly.
- Repeatedly lift 50 pounds or more.
- Tolerate working in extreme environmental conditions.
- Comfortable working at heights, using ladders and working in confined spaces.
- Possess a current state HVAC refrigerant license.
- Be able to pass a Criminal History Background Check, drug and alcohol screen
- Be willing to work flexible hours.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A valid Texas Driver License.
Open Until Filled