Since 1891, Sargent & Lundy has provided unparalled engineering services to the electric power industry. Our diverse projects provide you with opportunities to work on a variety of interesting and challenging projects in the energy business.
Consider joining the best in the business!
- This position will offer you the opportunity to work and lead others in a project team environment in the design, modification, and/or upgrade of new and existing power plant electrical systems.
- Under the direction of the Electrical Project Lead, you will work with multi-disciplined engineering and design project teams in the development of the following:
* Single-line diagrams
* Relay and metering diagrams
* AC and DC schematic diagrams
* Synchronizing diagrams
* Point to point wiring diagrams
* Cable schedules
- You will check drawings produced by other personnel, as well as review and incorporate vendor drawings into the overall project design.
- Act as an electrical team lead in investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of electrical wiring design issues.
- There may be the opportunity to accompany and assist in field walkdowns and data gathering at client facilities.
- Capable of being badged for unescorted access to a nuclear station.
Essential skills and experience:
- An Associate's Degree in drafting, or a high school diploma and equivalent technical design experience.
- Seven or more years of detailed wiring design experience in the development of single-line, and relay and metering diagrams, including medium-voltage and 480V systems.
- Familiarity with digital control systems.
- The ability to perform the following:
* Produce wiring diagrams and schematics for installers and electricians.
* Assist engineers with initial design requirements.
* Conceptualize plans and details to accurately convey wiring termination requirements.
- Extensive Microstation and/or AutoCAD design experience on nuclear power plants or large facility projects.
- A thorough understanding of drafting and design practices and theories.
- The ability to interface and communicate with engineering and design teams of other disciplines in the power plant design process.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- A 4-year degree related to Electrical or Electronics Engineering.
- Supervisory experience.