White Plains Hospital Job Description
Title: Information Desk
Job Code: 800536
Department/Location: Volunteer Services/
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director, Ancillary
Programs & Volunteer
Greet and direct patients and visitors in a warm, welcoming professional manner. Look up non-medical patient
information on computer. Issue patient/visitor passes in an efficient manner.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Includes the Following:
1. Understands and adheres to the WPH Performance Standards, Policies and Behaviors.
2. Greets and directs patients and visitors in a warm, friendly, professional manner.
3. Accesses accurate patient information using computer, viewing comment and precaution sections.
4. Issues visitors passes quickly and efficiently; enforces visitation policies.
5. Maintains positive work interactions with volunteers, security personnel, and general staff.
6. Follows appropriate procedures with patients requesting copy of medical records.
7. Answers phone in a professional manner.
8. Records flower delivery information in delivery log.
9. Sorts and readdress patient mail as needed.
10. Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
1. High School Diploma or GED required- must be able to read and write English.
2. Proficient computer skills –including Microsoft Outlook, Word and aptitude for learning new software systems
(e.g., MediTech, Epic).
3. Previous experience interacting with diverse public preferred.
4. Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
5. Mandatory in-service training as needed.
1. Excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
2. Teamwork and problem solving skills.
3. Maintain composure and professional demeanor under pressure.
4. Conflict resolution skills.
5. Adaptability to new situations/procedures.
6. Strong organization skills/attention to detail.
Physical/Mental Demands/Requirements & Work Environment
? May be exposed to chemicals necessary to perform required tasks. Any hazardous chemicals the employee may
be exposed to are listed in the hospital's SDS (Safety Data Sheet) data base and may be accessed through the
hospital's Intranet site (Employee Tools/SDS Access). A copy of the SDS data base can also be found at the
hospital switchboard, saved on a disc.
? High energy level.
? Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
? Must be able to move throughout the Hospital.
? Must be able to remain in stationary position majority of time.
? Frequently move boxes of visitor passes and other supplies and position self to store supplies in cabinets.
? Must practice patience, tact and caring nature.
Primary Population Served
Check appropriate box(s) below:
?Neonatal (birth – 28 days) ?Patients with exceptional communication needs
?Infant (29 days – less than 1 year) ?Patients with developmental delays
?Pediatric (1 – 12 years) ?Patients at end of life
?Adolescent (13 – 17 years) ?Patients under isolation precautions
?Adult (18 – 64 years) ?Patients with cultural needs
?Geriatric (> 65 years) ?All populations
?Bariatric Patients with weight related comorbidities ? Non-patient care population
The responsibilities and tasks outlined in this job description are not exhaustive and may change as determined
by the needs of White Plains Hospital.