Moonton is looking for 2D Character Concept Artists for the development of an upcoming-release title, Watcher of Realms. The concept artist will work with others to design original characters and set the bar for creativity and ideation on our project. You will work proactively with all visual art disciplines to create high quality concept art that fulfill the design and narrative goals. You will have the opportunity to be part of the team creating exciting original IP. As the Character Concept Artist, you will report to the Principal Concept Artist/ Art Director. We offer highly competitive compensation as Moonton/ByteDance employee. Do you want to be a part of our team and bring our artistic vision to life?
Moonton is a wholly owned subsidiary of ByteDance Ltd. As one of fastest-growing game publishers, we're a highly ambitious company that sets big goals for entering the global market and reaching gamers around the world. With our very successful titles and more IPs currently under development, Moonton strives to reach the heights achieved by other industry giants.
· Collaborate with other artists and designers to shape the visual direction of our projects by creating concept art for characters, creatures, weapons, armor and game splash art.
· Demonstrate ability to ideate, iterate, and refine visual design. Align goals of game design and art direction with current technology to build dynamic characters.
· Provide detailed callout concepts to work with 3D modelers, including turnarounds and orthographic images.
· Teamwork - As a member of the concept art team, you will work closely with others within your department as well as other disciplines. You will collaborate closely with designers, 3D artists, engineers and animators to develop concepts that fit within the vision and goals for the characters and game universe.
· Learn new skills and art styles through training and teamwork and explore different ideas to push the project’s style.
· Executing on all aspects as a Concept Artist, you understand the game development process and make contributions.
· Minimum 3 years of video game industry experience.
· Proficient in character concept design.
· Excellent traditional and digital art skills with strong visualization and ideation. Ability to paint highly rendered realistic characters and creatures with dramatic lighting.
· Ability to iterate rapidly, providing a variety of ideation options for any subject.
· Well versed in Fantasy art styles. Familiar with Lord of the Rings, Dungeons and Dragons, Song of Ice and Fire.
· Proficient in time management of multiple priorities and tasks within a set deadline.
· Ability to work at night to collaborate with colleagues in a different time zone.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Resumes should include a link to your portfolio.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $125,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Los Angeles, CA 90230: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Please provide a link to your art portfolio
- video game industry: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Los Angeles, CA 90230