The Project Manager I is responsible for managing small-scale projects, their on-time and on-budget delivery, and small teams of employees, typically in a single division. They are responsible for supervision and training of a group of employees or agency temporary workers to complete projects that range in scope and duration. As the face of the organization on project sites, the PM I is expected to work alongside their team members in provision of installation services to customers, communicate professionally with their team members and client representatives, anticipate/understand client needs, and escalate when necessary with the Regional Project Manager. In some cases, this role will administer discipline, and may provide input to team members’ compensation. As such, this position should understand all current challenges and progress of the project and communicate frequently and appropriately with management. This role should hold both a level of expertise sufficient to problem solve and drive process improvement, and the ability lead and manage a team. The Project Manager I may assume responsibilities under direction of management to gain experience necessary to become an assistant Project Manager/Project Manager 2.
- Organization and assignment of project tasks installing and assembling client workspace components to meet project targets or deadlines
- Coordinate with client and general contractor onsite and offer expertise when necessary
- Provide safety leadership, responsible for identifying risk, and ensure that all workers are trained on health & safety including any required certifications such as powered lift equipment, working at heights, etc.
- Complete safety tool talks weekly and at other intervals as necessary
- Careful tracking of people and resources such as materials, equipment, technology, and tools
- Manage temporary employees, utilizing labor efficiently.
- People management & coaching
- Train and monitor worker performance
- Forecast production and resources needed
- Communicate with management - updates on team and individual performance
- Communicate any employee issues to management, and/or project challenges
- Take proactive approach to problem solving, and following up on direction from management
- Experience managing diverse teams and managing client expectations as well as project deliverables.
- Sound decision making on when issues should be escalated and communication with management and clients necessary for a successful project delivery.
- Technical expertise as required based upon the project deliverables: e.g. interpreting plans, specifications, and drawings
- Proficient in the use of hand tools, and powered lift equipment.
- Ability to organize resources & tasks and manage to a schedule
- Demonstrates accountability of self and others
- Ability to influence others to do their best work while respecting each team member
- Ability to work with diverse personalities and to communicate professionally with clients, suppliers, management, employees, and temporary agency staff
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing needs and customer requirements
- Sense of urgency, but able to manage stressful environment while maintaining professional demeanor
Education & Experience Required
- OSHA 10, 30, Red Badge (AR), construction/manufacturing safety experience
- Ability to manage small to medium groups of employees (up to 25) with multiple deliverables
- Ability to run small teams while performing the job tasks alongside the team
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and management, client(s), and the project site general contractor
Education & Experience Preferred
- Trainable, hungry to learn
- Experience problem solving in ambiguous environments
- Organized in communication
- Experience with powered lift equipment
- Inventory, Non-Inventory management experience
Physical / Work Environment, and Other Qualifications
- Ability to stand and / or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift, carry push or pull equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Familiar with using tools and general warehouse equipment is a plus.
- Relevant work experience in warehouse, manufacturing or construction; willing to train.
- Must pass a background check.
- Possess and maintain safe/acceptable driving record based on company insurance requirements
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- construction: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required