The Project Architect will assist in the on-time, on-budget delivery of complex and high risk multi-million dollar projects within the Advanced Grid Intelligence & Security (AGIS) Initiative. The Project Architect will work on the Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Interfaces project.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Work with the project manager and project team to understand scope, project methodology, and the multi-vendor, multiple teams, complex organization of the project.
- Lead and develop and be responsible for high level design for the end to end solution. o Includes working with Enterprise Architecture, Technology Domain Leads and Solution Architects to design and then review the proposed architecture based on standards, patterns and emerging technologies.
- Develop a solid understanding of the functional and especially non-functional requirements and then validate the proposed design meets or exceeds those requirements.
- Develop the architectural deliverables and other artifacts to be used in downstream SDLC phases o Includes communicating architectural deliverables for technical governance reviews and respective technical delivery gates.
- Lead technical resources during the detailed design and development phase; and support during testing
- Lead the team from design to solution deployment • Coordinates technical aspects of deployment: including hardware and software environments, networking, security configuration, integration connectivity, monitoring, certification, etc.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Required experience as a senior project or solution architect for a large integration project across a complex environment.
- Utility industry experience preferred. o experience in Integration and Middleware Technologies
o Experience in design and development of integrations architecture in one or more of the following domains:
o Experience and subject matter expertise in:
- Enterprise Service Bus (TIBCO BW, IBM Websphere, or Oracle Weblogic)
- API Management (CA API Gateway, IBM Datapower) using Rest based integration patterns
- Message Queues (IBM MQs, JMS)
- Informatica Real Time Services Integration
- SaaS based integration patterns for Cloud & Hybrid integrations
What you can expect from us:
- Services Oriented Architecture methodologies
- Application Servers (IBM WAS, Oracle Weblogic, or Redhat)
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.