We're looking for highly-driven professionals to join our growing team in Norco, CA.
We are a consumer product company with manufacturing and omni-channel distribution.
The FINANCIAL CONTROLLER will be responsible to review, analyze, present, and implement solutions to ensure accurate and timely accounting records that are in conformance with US GAAP.
You will work closely with the VP FINANCE on day-to-day financials and period-end close using NetSuite Financials. You will be part of the ERP implementation team. As an integral part of the Finance team, you will deliver accurate information to senior management and communicate with cross-departmental leads.
Competencies & Skills
- Detail oriented and committed to accuracy
- Excellent people/communication skills. Flexible and committed to do whatever it takes to meet deadlines.
- Process improvement oriented. Keen to improve the efficiency and accuracy of the month-end close and reconciliation process.
- A team player - will work in a very collaborative environment.
- Strong analytical skills and experience
- Strong verbal and written skills to interact effectively with all levels of organization
Your Accounting Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in full cycle Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable accounting. Preferred candidates who have manufacturing experience and have understanding of 3-way match and accrual based accounting.
- Familiarity with preparing side-by-side financial reports
- Ability to support the Chart of Accounts and multiple segments for coding income and expenses to appropriate departments and projects
Your Systems Experience:
- Experience using computerized accounting systems including QuickBooks and NetSuite
- Power Excel User
- Tableau familiarity
Support VP FINANCE to manage the key financial accounting processes including:
- Producing accurate, timely GAAP-compliant income statements for the company and by department, balance sheet, and statement of cash flow on a monthly basis
- Analyze and reconcile G/L accounts at month-end
- Create and maintain visibility into spending, including departmental budgeting
- Facilitate efficient financial operations and controls, including but not limited to the areas of A/P, A/R, Accruals, Deferred Revenue, Prepaid Expenses, Payroll, Cash Management, Revenue Recognition, Inventory, and CapEx including Fixed Assets.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements, ensuring compliance, filing reports
Record inventory accounting functions: Monitor inventory transactions. Reconcile inventory accounts to the general ledger and prepare journal entries.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Preferred candidates with experience in an accounting firm with 3+ years of experience (ideally a combination of both public accounting and in-house corporate accounting experience)
- Experience working with and producing GAAP-compliant financial statements
- Financial systems hands-on experience with QuickBooks, Concur, ADP, NetSuite
What You Will Get
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits include Health, Dental, and Vision
- Vacation Time
- Working with a Simply Amazing Team selling a Meaningful Product that Makes People and their Pets Happy!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 3 years
- NetSuite: 2 years
- Manufacturing: 4 years