WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
The Transportation Project Manager will be responsible for leading a team of engineers and designers in all aspects of design and plan preparation for roadway, highway, and freeway improvement projects for State, City, and County agencies in California. The successful candidate will deliver projects per agreed to plan, budget, and quality objectives. (S)He will lead, assign, and review work of the project delivery team; check work and progress and identify changes of scope and additional services. Staff mentorship and development is a responsibility of the Senior Transportation Project Manager, as well as the development and overseeing of budgets and schedules. The successful candidate will cultivate and maintain client relationships as well as lead proposal development and interview preparation and participation. Additionally, the successful candidate will provide technical direction, support and strategic planning while being a visible and active member of the Transportation community through professional organization involvement.
- Develop and maintain trusted adviser relationships with key transportation clients.
- Determine direction and lead market awareness including involvement in professional associations and conferences.
- Work with our California Transportation Manager and Transportation Practice Leaders in the development of targeted client service action plans in the North Californian market.
- Participate in ongoing strategic positioning for major highway or roadway project opportunities.
- Manage client relationships and guide the application of Michael Baker International services within the Transportation practice area to best serve the interests of the client and Michael Baker International.
- Be responsible for successful contracting and project execution, working closely with regional Michael Baker International staff and office leadership.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- 7+ years of Transportation/Public Works experience with increasing levels of responsibility and may also have design-build experience
- A Professional Engineer (PE) license
- Knowledge of regulatory issues and key players in the California transportation market.
- A strong track record of overseeing successful project delivery of a diversity of Transportation/Public Works projects for City, County and State agencies
- Strong relationships with City, County and State agencies, including established Caltrans relationships
- Demonstrated supervisor and mentoring skills
- Strong proposal writing, and presentation skills are required
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.