PowerAdvocate is a fast-growing company at the intersection of technology, big data, and energy. We are looking for motivated individuals to help drive strategy, business development and sales efforts in our software business unit that supports the Power and Utility market in North American and Oil & Gas market in Canada.
Not Your Typical Software Company
PowerAdvocate was founded with one objective in mind – to enable energy companies to reduce costs and drive efficiency. In order to achieve that objective, we have developed a truly innovative business model centered around a differentiated data-rich product, a SaaS (software-as-a-service) delivery platform, and a high-performing consultative sales and marketing team.
About the Role
As a Sales and Marketing Operations Specialist, you’ll play a vital role in helping PowerAdvocate’s Power and Utility team deliver on its objectives in three key areas:
(1) Advance sales pipeline opportunities
(2) Support customer success and renewals, and
(3) Communicate and engage customers and prospects in the company’s value proposition
This position offers a unique opportunity to apply your experience to supporting a multi-million dollar customer and pipeline base through a variety of commercial, sales, and marketing operations responsibilities. You’ll play a key role in managing and applying customer, account, and market data to strategically align sales and marketing functions.
This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations and efficiency of our Power and Utility Sales and Marketing group, including, but not limited to:
- Efficiently executing on marketing campaigns throughout the year, including activities such as distributing thought leadership pieces, managing distribution lists, recruiting and following up on webinars, etc.
- Facilitating team operations and improving the efficiency of the Sales & Marketing teams.
- Administer the Salesforce CRM tool to optimize its use to the sales and marketing team and the company.
- Researching the market and improving and managing our sales database.
- Acting as the central coordinator for our website, blog, CRM, and other platforms.
- Support the launch of successful marketing events including webinars, hosted conferences, and trade shows.
- Tracking the impact of our marketing activities and sales progress.
- Assist the sales team as required with proposal generation and administrative tasks.
- Other Sales & Marketing Operations activities as needed.
This position will have a direct impact on the revenue side of our business and will work closely with a cross-functional Sales and Marketing team.
Who We Are Looking For
Smart, ambitious individuals who are hungry to learn and want to work in a collaborative, team-based environment. Some other things we are looking for include:
- Bachelor’s degree and 0-2 years demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Meticulously organized with an uncommonly high attention to detail
- Able to execute flawlessly against multiple processes
- Strong time management skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Preference for “entrepreneurial” to “big company”
- Comfortable with some client interaction
- Willingness to learn new technologies, self-motivated, and able to work independently and cross-functionally
- Experience in Excel, PowerPoint, event management, On-Line Surveying Solutions, Salesforce / CRM , or HubSpot desirable, but not required
What We Offer
PowerAdvocate provides software as a service (SaaS) based technology products that are loaded with data from our $3+ trillion Energy FactBaseTM to help energy customers achieve operational and financial excellence. With our technology platform and our client services team, we help our customers understand how they can leverage enhanced market and internal data to reduce costs. We are rapidly becoming the standard for finance and supply chain executives on the cutting edge in the energy industry Power, Utility, and Oil & Gas sectors.
PowerAdvocate offers a complete package of rewarding programs, including competitive salaries and customized benefits. We’ll also provide you with extensive training, education and information resources to help you develop in your career.
PowerAdvocate provides a compensation and benefits package that is competitive with other leading technology companies and includes paid time off (PTO), an attractive employee health insurance plan, a 401k plan, and more.