We are looking for a highly motivated, reliable, and capable individual to join the City Manager’s Office for the position of
Office Assistant III (Hourly). This position will work with an experienced Executive Assistant to provide high quality
administrative support to a five-person management team (including the City Manager); exceptional customer service to
Mountain View residents, businesses and community groups; and interdepartmental assistance to administrative,
professional and management staff in other City departments. You can review the detailed job description for Office
Assistant III on the City’s website here.
What You Bring
- Education equivalent to the completion of the 12th grade.
- Two years of increasingly responsible clerical and administrative office support experience.
- Coursework in office or business management and local government and/or customer service experience are highly
Who You Are
- You are able to juggle various assignments in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- You are detail-oriented, able to complete tasks in an accurate and timely manner, and have strong organizational
- You strive to help people and take initiative to get the job done.
- You have patience, strong active listening skills and the ability to work well with diverse groups of people and
adapt/respond to external and internal customer needs.
- You are a diligent worker with a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
What You’ll Do
- Answer City Manager’s Office phones and provide information or referrals to resolve customer issues.
- Schedule meetings among City staff or between the City Manager’s Office team and external constituents.
- Process interoffice and external mail, monitor and address messages sent to the City Manager’s email box, route
contracts, order supplies, process invoices and perform other administrative tasks.
- Assist in outreach and notifications for City events.
- Assist in drafting reports, letters, and other correspondence, including weekly updates to the City Council and
compilation of responses to Council questions related to items on their public meeting agenda.
- Work with Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook applications.
- Limited to 16 hours per week.
- Flexible shifts, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with some specific hours required
as necessary to provide back up to the Executive Assistant to the City Manager.
Are You Ready? Apply.
Submit your application and resume online at www.calopps.org or to the Human Resources Division; City of Mountain
View, 500 Castro Street, Mountain View, CA 94041, (650) 903-6309. This recruitment will end either on Monday, May 28,
2017, at 5:00 p.m. or after 75 applications have been received, whichever occurs first. Qualified candidates are encouraged to
apply early! The most appropriately qualified candidates will be invited to a department interview.
Candidates with a disability who may require special assistance in any phase of the application or testing process should advise the Human Resources
Division upon submittal of application. Documentation of the need for accommodation must accompany the request. The City of Mountain View is an
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Prior to hire, candidates will be required to successfully complete a preemployment process, including employment verification and a Department of Justice
(DOJ) fingerprint check. A conviction history will not necessarily disqualify an applicant from appointment; however, failure to disclose a conviction will
result in disqualification or termination.
CITY OF MOUNTAIN VIEW
OFFICE ASSISTANT III (HOURLY)
Please answer the following questions and submit with your application. Please limit your
responses to one page per each question or less.
1. List and rate your proficiency level with the computer software programs you are familiar with (e.g.,
Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.), your years of experience working with each program, the
position(s) in which you used each program, and describe the tasks performed or work products created
with each of the programs.
2. Do you have at least two years of increasingly responsible clerical and administrative office support
experience? If so, please describe your experience.
3. Please describe an example of when you have dealt with a difficult customer. How did you approach the
situation and what was the result?