The Director of Facilities & Client Services will be responsible for the oversight, management and coordination related to facilities capital projects, day to day operations, space planning and design for multiple business units within NBCU owned and leased facilities based in NY and NJ. Additionally the role will be responsible for serving as the primary client liaison for a particular business unit or units.
Serves as a primary Facilities contact for multiple business units in our Englewood Cliffs, NJ NBCU locations.
Plans, directs, and supervises third party resources, which work in tandem with business unit leadership, to provide the highest level of service for these departments. Maintaining a close working relationship with the business unit leaders is essential. These services include; space planning, leading the creative and construction process of facility related projects, interacting with engineering and critical infrastructure personnel, and serves as the point person for all consultants, contractors and in-house trades related to these areas.
Troubleshoots and assesses problems and resolves as appropriate; initiates dialogue and organizes meetings with relevant clients to understand issues; analyzes circumstances to uncover possible solutions; reviews policies and procedures relative to feasibility of implementing solution; presents proposed solutions and options to stakeholders and approvers.
Responsible for the development and management of capital and operational budgets as well as on-going facility maintenance budgets.
Communicates real estate asset utilization to space planning managers and understands the business unit growth plans.
Works closely with internal plumbing, electrical, and mechanical trades to design projects.
Proactively identifies and implements efficient space utilization.
Partners closely with clients to accommodate move requests, coordinating these activities with the appropriate management and staff functions at the various locations.
Leads teams to ensure upkeep of accurate and current floor plans.
Builds and maintains relationships across the company.
Proactively engages in space planning activities and identifies strategic opportunities for internal clients.
- Degree in Architecture, Facilities Management or related field.
- Minimum 7 years of facilities management experience.
- Minimum 5 years capital project management experience.
- Demonstrated strong financial/analytical background.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and present high level pitches to senior executives.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume to be considered
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice.
- Must be willing to work in New Jersey.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects and problem solve.
- Strong ability to abstract and interpret lease language.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of an organization and management and ability to build external networks.
- Self-starter; demonstrates initiative.
- Ability to analyze and present results in Excel and/or PowerPoint as needed.
Sub-BusinessRockefeller Center Ops
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.