Box Office Manager
Greenwich International Film Festival is seeking a Box Office Manager to run the Festival Box Office from April-May, 2020. The Box Office Manager, under the supervision of the Festival Producer and Executive Director, will manage the box office and oversee/execute ticketing. The Box Office will be open for one month in downtown Greenwich, CT, leading up to the Festival.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Organize, manage and run the Box Office (in-person) for the Festival;
- Oversee the processing of ticket orders via internet, phone and fax for general public;
- Oversee and attend Box Office events, i.e. Program Announcement Party;
- Respond to calls and emails in a timely manner;
- Promote GIFF and help drive ticket and pass sales, working with interns and volunteers on community marketing tactics, i.e. street teams, table outside of Box Office;
- Fulfill ticket requests for sponsors, filmmakers, media, etc.;
- Attend weekly staff meeting;
- Assist Festival attendees and fulfill ticket orders during Festival Week;
- Train Box Office interns and volunteers on the Festival ticketing system;
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator to schedule volunteers for box office shifts;
- Implement procedures, balancing daily sales and taking inventory of Box Office supplies;
- Facilitate deliveries and any materials needed for the Box Office;
- Assist with Festival passes and GIFF gift bags;
- Create periodic Box Office reports and final wrap up report.
- Able to work independently, efficiently and under deadline pressure;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Candidate must be able to successfully handle multiple priorities in sometimes high stress situations;
- Leads by example at all times and provides the highest level of customer service to all guests, vendors and clients;
- Familiar with ticketing services (i.e. Agile, Ovation, etc.) a plus;
- Complete post-Festival activities: evaluation, manual, etc.
Greenwich International Film Festival (GIFF) is a 501©3 non-profit organization that hosts a world-class film festival each June, as well as events throughout the year. The festival’s goal is to bridge the worlds of film, finance and philanthropy. As part of its mission, GIFF harnesses the power of film to serve the greater good by highlighting social impact issues and supporting important charitable causes through a portion of festival proceeds. Learn more at www.greenwichfilm.org.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary