As a Pharmacy Technician - Clinical Support Services you will be assisting the pharmacist and communicating directly with patients over the telephone, scheduling medication deliveries, tracking lab data, billing, and prior authorization, among other duties. The Pharmacy Technician is essential to ensuring all patients receive their medication in a friendly and timely manner. The Pharmacy Technician – Clinical Support Services position is responsible for utilizing their clinical knowledge and excellent customer service skills to provide our patients with the smooth service and delivery of their medication to their homes. You will make a difference by bringing your personal touch and clinical experiences that will support our patient’s one on one care.
As part of the Coram CVS/specialty infusion team, you will have an important, uniquely rewarding role putting your Pharmacy Technician skills and experiences to work in a closed door practice setting. CVS is a national leader in the home infusion field, as you will be leading an innovative and bold initiative aimed at transforming health care and pharmacy leveraging new and emerging information technologies and channels.
Additional responsibilities of the Pharmacy Technician – Clinical Support Services include:
- Assist the pharmacist in obtaining authorization for pharmacy services as requested; validate insurance coverage and communication with patients.
- Gather information for the initial admission of new patients and review all new charts to ensure that all necessary nursing paperwork is included.
- Manage the schedule for patient deliveries, manage inventory, create and maintain supply templates in the pharmacy computer data base.
- Document all supply management activities in the patient medical record.
- Participate in on call rotation as indicated by staffing and business needs.
- Pharmacy Technician License Required
- You will be required to become a Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician within a year of hire
- Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician
- Aseptic Technique Certification Preferred
- Previous IV Compounding Experience Preferred
Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required.
Coram CVS/specialty infusion services is a leading national provider of specialty home infusion and specialty pharmacy services. The integration of Coram into CVS Health enables the company to offer enhanced, comprehensive infusion services; expanded payer access; and a national network of more than 85 locations, including 65 ambulatory infusion suites. Providing infusion therapies and services to over 20,000 patients each month, Coram cares for patients through all phases of their healthcare continuum including clinical and compliance monitoring, and individual patient counseling. CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues embrace fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service to meet the needs of the many people and businesses relying on us each day.