This position will be based in Warrenville, IL but will require regular travel to Lake Forest and occasional travel to Northwestern Medicine's main campus in Chicago.
The Employee Programs Coordinator
reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Under the direction of the Employee Programs Manager, the role of the
Employee Programs Coordinator assists primarily in the operation of all non-benefited internal programs, internal events, and activities at a system level, coordinated through the Corporate Human Resources division for employees, physicians and volunteers. Must demonstrate superior organizational skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills, and attention to detail. Will work as part of a team. Acts as one of the administrators of the Human Resources NMI pages that fall under the responsibility of the Employee Programs Manager, assists in the purchase of materials, facilitates external vendor relationships and supervises student intern activities on a daily basis.
The incumbent must use independent judgment and authority to execute projects and maintain workflow. Must be advanced in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and be highly flexible and adaptable.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 0-2 years' business experience
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft
- Experience in Purchase order requisitions and invoice processing
- Highly organized, able to manage multiple priorities and think independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to serve many customers and manage multiple projects and events at the same time
- Demonstrated, effective customer service skills
- Ability to work evenings and nights and required based on events
- Able to travel as needed
- 3-5 years' business experience
- Proven ability to successfully plan corporate or not for profit events
- Financial acumen