195 Technology Dr, Irvine, CA, USA
The Director, Analytics Digital and Marketing Campaigns is responsible for delivering data-driven insights and campaign optimizations for automotive manufacturers in support of their campaigns leveraging Cox Automotive Media Solutions. This individual will lead a team of Analytics Managers and Analysts as well as participate with hands-on support. The role enables the sales teams to go to market in a consultative manner and enables internal campaign management teams to surface insights and optimizations more easily.
This position reports to Sr. Director of Analytics and will work in partnership directly with Sales, Campaign Management and Analytics peer groups to understand client business issues, to creatively evaluate the Cox Automotive Media solutions/programs designed to address those issues, and to provide analytics and insights to optimize those solutions/programs.
The Director, Analytics Digital & Marketing Campaigns will serve as a liaison to Product, Operations, Sales Operations, Analytics, and other internal partners throughout the organization. The Director interacts with a variety of other internal teams (e.g., Product, Data Foundations, Marketing Technology and Ad Ops) to represent Analytics’ needs (e.g. proper tagging and ingestion/integration of key data sources) to ensure analytics and insights are delivered successfully.
- Champions a healthy team culture, coaches team members, and supports the selection, training, development, appraisal, and work assignments of team members
- Incorporates understanding of client business issues to creatively evaluate and align the Cox Automotive Media solutions/programs designed to address those issues
- Formulates and articulates Cox Automotive’s product performance and value to customers and internal audiences in support of media and audience solutions (both on-site and off-site)
- Develops strategic measurement frameworks and identifies key KPI’s to analyze media performance (Facebook, YouTube, DV360, Addressable TV, etc.) and on-site digital consumer behavior at scale to drive recommendations and optimizations to support revenue driving initiatives
- Develops, executes, and manages analytics roadmap and measurement framework for cross-channel optimization and measurement
- Designs, conducts, and leads processes that facilitate complex analyses that mine, extract, track, report, and analyze performance metrics and other data source systems
- Explores and incorporates available and new data sources to proactively create and present directly to the client with minimal manager support, including customized Challenger sales presentations, program recaps, and solution recommendations and optimizations
- Establishes innovative strategies to understand and solve complex analytics problems: reach valuable data driven insights, through the discovery of patterns and trends
- Presents directly to clients and internal stakeholders, developing and articulating analytical concepts and summarized findings through cohesive narratives
- Identifies optimization opportunities and informs the creation of new client product solutions to meet individual client-specific goals and measurements
- Works cross-functionally to identify organizational gaps and emerging trends in platform and methodologies through vendor reviews, as well as provides recommendations on new solutions to continually improve analytics capabilities and efficiencies
- Partners with Analytics Consulting Team members to transform analysis into external facing product/industry case studies and best practices to enhance knowledge of internal business partners (i.e. Sales, Product, Finance, and Marketing)
- Other duties as needed or required
- 10+ years of an analytics-focused position, preferably in a digital marketing analytics and website analysis
- 5+ years experience successfully managing and coaching a team
- Bachelors or Masters (preferred) in field of analytics or related field such as marketing, economics, finance, statistics, mathematics, and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Automotive domain expertise preferred
- Experience with advanced analytics including but not limited to Multi-Touch Attribution and Market Mix Modeling.
- Ability to perform basic statistical analysis (descriptive, variance, regression, probability, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of web / digital analysis software preferred (e.g., Adobe Analytics / Omniture, Google Analytics)
- Strong knowledge of paid marketing channels, tactics, and media optimization (including but not limited to Facebook, Adwords, YouTube, DV360, Addressable TV, OTT, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of other marketing Cloud products such as A/B & multi-variate testing, tagging systems, DMP’s, etc., as well as experience with ad serving platforms (ex. DFP, AdX) and programmatic media
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and intermediate knowledge of data warehousing and data lakes (e.g. Snowflake, Hadoop, Hive, Google BigQuery, AWS Redshift.)
- Extensive experience with business intelligence & data visualization systems (e.g. Microstrategy, Microsoft Power BI, Google Data Studio, Tableau)
- Skilled at condensing analysis into actionable insights to inform business decisions and influence / transform business performance;
- Understand business models and high-level strategy with the ability to consult and influence as a Subject Matter Expert for the best outcomes to drive business successes
- Ability to anticipate stakeholders’ needs and recognize the opportunity to provide proactive insights to guide thought partnership
- Experience successfully collaborating on complex analytics projects involving a matrix of cross-functional teams
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes to meet business requirements
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.