Systems Engineer at TradeWind Markets
New York, New York City · Full Time
TradeWind Markets is looking for a driven and capable Systems Engineer who wants to be a part of a well-funded startup with backing from prominent financial services/technology firms that have a reputation for challenging the status quo.
The Systems Engineer provides a unique opportunity to help us create something from whole cloth. Bring your creativity and your energy to this casual but fast-paced work environment. We are sharply focused on execution - we have a specific use case with significant commercial opportunity, a proven team, and strategic and commercial partnerships with key financial firms. As a Systems Engineer, you will be a core member of our engineering team working closely with experienced software engineers who have built high throughput/low latency trading technology and market professionals with deep institutional knowledge, experience, and relationships in global financial services.
Our team is highly collaborative with complementary skills and experience bound together by a high degree of integrity, intrinsic motivation, and standard of excellence. If this sparks your interest – come join us!
What you'll do
- Responsible for the design, deployment, and ongoing management of TradeWind production trading infrastructure and systems.
- Network devices and Linux-based servers in high-availability data center environments, and cloud based infrastructure in AWS and GCP.
- Planning and development of the lan/wan, server and storage infrastructure installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, operation centers, and communication links.
- Real-world experience in Linux and safe production infrastructure practices are a must.
- Customized distributions, kernel patching, building, tuning, and bypass, and a familiarity with low-latency practices and optimization.
- Experience with GCP & AWS are a big plus.
- Solid Networking skills (Layer 2 & 3 switches, TCP/IP, SNMP), working knowledge of OSPF, BGP, and PIM
- Network isolation techniques, WAN connectivity, and large-scale interconnect and multicast experience
- Experience with Arista, Cisco, and Palo Alto platforms.
- Familiarity with Linux server security (iptables, owasp, tripwire)
- Experience with database technologies including MySQL, KDB+, PostgreSQL, Redis, and distributed storage systems in a HA setup.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical/scientific discipline, or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of core infrastructure tools including OpenLDAP, Chef/Puppet, Nagios (or equivalents), KVM /other virtualization technologies
- Low-latency DWDM and optical experience.
- Experience with SANs and NAS including iSCSI, NFS and FC
- Experience managing vendor relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, strong prioritization skills
Why work for us
- FinTech firm with the right combination of capital markets and technology experience to succeed
- The ability to shape the future of global financial services to be more transparent, efficient, and fair through technology.
- Fun and casual environment of a startup, with the seriousness and discipline required to deal with major Wall St. and global financial services firms
- Modern office with a cool vibe conveniently located in the Bowery, NY – keg nitro brew, anyone!
To meet the basic qualifications for this role you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship.
TradeWind Markets in an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.