Evenings 4:00p.m.-12:30a.m. Monday through Friday. No weekends, No holidays!
The Laboratory Supervisor is responsible for the technical supervision of the laboratory in conjunction with the Laboratory Operations Director. Must be able to perform and supervise routine testing in Chemistry, Hematology, Coagulation, and Urinalysis & Microbiology. Must possess ability to multi-task, work both independently and as a member of a team. Ability to communicate in an effective and professional manner with clients and coworkers is required. Responsible for monitoring specimen preparation, instrument maintenance, QC and quality assurance. Also provides troubleshooting of laboratory instrumentation and methodologies, and interact with personnel from the manufacturer regarding technical assistance.
Essential Position Duties
Core Competencies/Skill Sets:
- Ensures that all testing on all shifts is completed.
- Provides technical training in all areas of responsibility.
- Confirms abnormal results and calls the facility to obtain clinical information on patients with “rare and improbable” test results.
- Ensures that QC is within appropriate limits and that all test results are accurate for Chemistry, Hematology, Coagulation and Urinalysis testing.
- Maintains the laboratory and implements new procedures as needed to ensure compliance with state regulations and all regulatory agencies (CAP, CLIA).
- Ensures the maintenance of a safe and clean work environment according to OSHA and CLIA regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Demonstrates understanding of healthcare staffing dynamics.
- Applies sound business judgment in decision making.
- Demonstrates critical analysis and complex problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates ability to manage highly confidential and proprietary information.
- Proficient in computer skills that include spreadsheets, presentations and word processing software, and Microsoft Office required.
Professional Experience/Educational Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree required; MT (ASCP or equivalent) preferred.
- Four years progressively responsible laboratory experience.
- Must qualify under CLIA regulations as a technical supervisor.